Kansas, Sat. May 12

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
So here's my newbie question. Is experience more important, less important as a driver ages? Or do the younger guys have better athletic reflexes and as the drivers age, they lose some of that skill?

In sports like football, the first few years a player is learning. By year 3 they are on top for a while then start to decline. I recall an interview with Ray Lewis, he said that even though he was slower as he aged, he claimed that by experience he knew where to be at any moment. Thus his experience made up for his declining speed. I know racing isn't football but was curious about where a driver would be at their peak performance level given age and experience.

Surely a 40 year old driver would, on average, be more skilled than a 20 year old driver. I'm pretty sure an 80 year old driver isn't better than a 40 year old racer.

homedepot20

Harvick WINNER , Truex , Logano , Larson , Hamlin ...TOP 5

didn't watch race (working) so can't comment

I beginning to Hate Harvick WINNING as much as I hate Johnson WINNING !!!!

homedepot20

Standing AFTER Kansas

OldHillCrestGuy 41+7=48
Calvcopf 39+3=42
Stgislander 37+5=42
Monello 32+4=36
HomeDepot20 32+2=34

Congrats to OHCG & Stgislander on picking WINNER :cheers:

WHO is this Monello ??? He picked 4 out of 5 :coffee: CORRECT ( Missed on WINNER ):cds:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Standing AFTER Kansas

OldHillCrestGuy 41+7=48
Calvcopf 39+3=42
Stgislander 37+5=42
Monello 32+4=36
HomeDepot20 32+2=34

Congrats to OHCG & Stgislander on picking WINNER :cheers:

WHO is this Monello ??? He picked 4 out of 5 :coffee: CORRECT ( Missed on WINNER ):cds:

I'd trade for the winner and the 4 guys that finished 35 - 38. It was fun watching knowing I had a few that could earn me points. What's not fun is having the guy you picked to win 10 back from the leader with a dozen laps left.

homedepot20

What's not fun is having the guy you picked to win 10 back from the leader with a dozen laps left.[/QUOTE]

When the LEADER has a Fast a$$ car & no one can catch him, that's not fun watching !!!! You keep praying that he hits the wall & crashes and burn !!!!!!