Karen 2.0

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I saw some pics from the OC boardwalk from last year that were attached to an article about this year. So it's not just CBS that does that.
"big party" in my private parking lot down the end of River Springs last night..so I'm told. Cops called to clear it out.

Hijinx

They have been cooped up too long.
They have had it, they want to live the way people are supposed to live.
I don't like crowds so I don't go to places where crowds are, but I can certainly understand why people are opening the Summer in the traditonal way. It's time to open up and get on with life.
Buy your ticket, take your chance.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
"big party" in my private parking lot down the end of River Springs last night..so I'm told. Cops called to clear it out.
I was at home watching Live PD and the livestream from the golden beach park and ride.

Reactions: BOP

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
The big days here at VA Beach might have been Fri and Sat before we got here.

Sat evening was fairly busy on the boardwalk and it looked like people were partying in their small groups and some on their balconies along the way. We had to wait a little while to get our food at the outdoor Cafe we ate at, but did not notice a lot of rowdiness at all. There was actually an incident that just happened right before we arrived and we were passed by several police officers screaming to get by us on the road leading to our hotel. We found out later that a group of teenagers had been playing some kind of ball game or what-have-you. They got into an argument and one of them was pushed down and hit his head. There were police officers- both in vehicles and on horseback, ambulances, etc. just blocks from the hotel. that is the only incident that I know of and nothing since then.

I would not say the boardwalk was super crowded since we've been here. I've seen it crazy crowded. Yesterday's overcast chilly weather kept those people inside it's been a fairly relaxing weekend here.

Hessian

Well, the science is settled isn't it? In less than 11 days, there will be a mass outbreak of Covid -19 and governors will have to shut down travel, close all vacation places, and issue fines for anyone outside of their property like we live in Wuhan.

Let's see how the "Plandemic" scientists explain....when NOTHING happens by June 3rd:jameo:

CPUSA

Well, the science is settled isn't it? In less than 11 days, there will be a mass outbreak of Covid -19 and governors will have to shut down travel, close all vacation places, and issue fines for anyone outside of their property like we live in Wuhan.

Let's see how the "Plandemic" scientists explain....when NOTHING happens by June 3rd:jameo:
Oh, but it's almost CERTAIN that the COVID 19 numbers will TRIPLE by June 3rd...

And then the entire country will have to be shut down...until July 4th weekend

And then again!!!...Until Labor Day weekend...

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I saw some pics from OC boardwalk yesterday....jammed... :yay:
We just got back from Ocean City on Friday.. granted it wasn't Memorial Day weekend, but our campground was packed, and we went to OC last weekend and once during the week..

It was NOT shoulder to shoulder, and outside, on the boardwalk, there was no reason to wear a mask. Very few businesses were open.. like ONE Thrasher Fries was open every 1/2 mile or so (so about 1/4 of them were open) the same with Fisher's Popcorn, and Dolle's Candy, and Dumser's Ice Cream.. Dough Rollers, seemed to be open.

BUT that being said.. Dough Rollers BLEH!!! WE came. we saw, we tried.. won't try again.

We did our normal, we have to Try the local Chinese food every new place we go.. and we found a tiny hole in the wall close to the campground.. Food was EXCELLENT especially the main courses.

UglyBear

BUT that being said.. Dough Rollers BLEH!!! WE came. we saw, we tried.. won't try again.
First time LW and me went to OC, we saw Dough Rollers, and said "How bad can pizza really be? They can't screw it up THAT much" -- nope, they exceeded our expectations. It's inedible. Those two-three bites that you eat before you realize that you really should not be eating it are enough to give you food poisoning and make your stomach churn for the drive home. Nope, nope, nope.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What makes Dough Rollers pizza so bad? @itsbob and @UglyBear

In Scranton, PA area they have this thing called Old Forge pizza. It's fund raiser pizza with pplastic American cheese on top and it is truly vile, but they love it.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
When your pizza is so bad, they make memes for it's awfulness.