Karine Jean-Pierre New WHPS

GregV814

Look you guys, CHILL..... she was talking about infectious matter that we've seen even on this forum. "Hemmer I tis" is a disease unto itself. The H is silent unlike the namesake ( you know who I am referring to). Symptoms include irrational thinking, child-like giddiness when confronted with opposing critical thinking and a strong desire to be obstinate...

SamSpade

Mispronouncing emeritus is just dumb. I give people wiggle room when they have to pronounce last names, or scientific terms and such - but this is on the order of "corpse-man".

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
This is what happens when you don't correct grammar usage early, and allow crap like Ebonics. When these young kids get to be adults, they are shunned and looked down upon because their language skills are non-existent.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
This is what happens when you don't correct grammar usage early, and allow crap like Ebonics. When these young kids get to be adults, they are shunned and looked down upon because their language skills are non-existent.
A young Black man with whom I worked at the Saint Mary's Lowe's the 1st years I was here, said he liked talking with me because I helped him express himself better. A couple years after he quit, came back to show me the Associate's Degree he had earned to become a CNA.

It's the old saw of "Each one, teach one."

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
A young Black man with whom I worked at the Saint Mary's Lowe's the 1st years I was here, said he liked talking with me because I helped him express himself better. A couple years after he quit, came back to show me the Associate's Degree he had earned to become a CNA.

It's the old saw of "Each one, teach one."
His saving grace was that he realized how he was being held back, and did something about it. Nice to think you helped him get there.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘What is the White House trying to hide?’

Members of the White House press corps took turns ripping President Biden Thursday for not being transparent about the discovery of classified documents at his home and former office — with Fox News correspondent Peter Doocy asking point-blank: “What is the White House trying to hide?”

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre repeatedly claimed during her regular briefing that Biden had been “transparent” about his handling of classified documents, despite the fact that significant details were initially concealed while others remain unknown.

In response to Doocy — who had earlier asked Biden: “Classified materials next to your Corvette? What were you thinking?” and referred to the scandal as “Garage-gate” — Jean-Pierre said: “Nothing.”

herb749

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
NPR White House correspondent Tamara Keith asked a similar question when Jean-Pierre called on her, wondering whether the new and contradictory information would undermine her credibility as White House press secretary.

“Are you upset that you came out to this podium on Friday with incomplete and inaccurate information? And are you concerned that it affects your credibility up here?” Keith asked.

“Well, what I’m — what I’m concerned about is making sure that we do not politically interfere in the Department of Justice, that we continue to be consistent over the last two years, and — and that is — continue to refer you all, when it comes to an ongoing process,” Jean-Pierre replied, reminding Keith that she had been speaking from the statement given by the White House counsel, which had indicated that all documents had been disclosed.

Rosen tried again at the end of the briefing, shouting, “You told us something six times that turned out to be false. Are you sorry about that?”

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” Jean-Pierre said, ignoring Rosen’s question and closing her binder before she walked to the door to exit the briefing room. “Come talk to me. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Is she inept or just clueless or lying

Grumpy

Is she inept or just clueless or lying
She is out of her depth and this administration knew that prior to her being put there cuz she checks a few boxes. They give that position a facade of inclusiveness and equity but they don't trust her enough to give her the info to do her job. They have no problem with her failing day after day and looking like an idiot as they pat her on the head and tell her how wonderful she is.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The problem is those questions would not be at a live briefing, so it doesn’t allow the American public to see those answers. Moreover, those agencies are not necessarily forthcoming either in answers to questions. So that means essentially she’s trying to punt and avoid any questions, and the American people are being cut off. Yet, she’s still trying to claim the White House is being transparent.

A reporter made it clear that her question was about White House procedures, not anything related to the DOJ case or the White House counsel, and KJP refused to answer it, saying she needed to ask the White House counsel.

herb749

The problem is those questions would not be at a live briefing, so it doesn’t allow the American public to see those answers. Moreover, those agencies are not necessarily forthcoming either in answers to questions. So that means essentially she’s trying to punt and avoid any questions, and the American people are being cut off. Yet, she’s still trying to claim the White House is being transparent.

A reporter made it clear that her question was about White House procedures, not anything related to the DOJ case or the White House counsel, and KJP refused to answer it, saying she needed to ask the White House counsel.

The DOJ is saying she can talk all she wants to .

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Karine Jean-Pierre Gives Non-Answers On Massive Tech Layoffs

One reporter noted that the commander-in-chief has been “quite optimistic” in his latest statements about the economy and asked whether the Microsoft layoffs are a “matter of concern” for the White House. Jean-Pierre responded that Biden watches closely “anytime there are reports of Americans losing their jobs” and affirmed that he “knows firsthand the impact of losing a job and what that can have to your entire family.”

“I don’t have a comment on specific moves announced by particular companies. As you know, we’re very careful from here talking about private companies. But more broadly speaking, layoffs remain near record lows according to job openings data,” she continued. “Companies across the economy are continuing to grow and invest in the United States.”

Another reporter likewise observed that the administration “believes the economy’s resilient” but asked how dismissals would “impact that recovery in the coming months.”

Jean-Pierre replied that “layoffs remain near record lows” across the economy. “We’re seeing the President’s economic policy actually working. And I think that’s important as well,” she said. “Is there more work to do? Always more work to do, and you hear that from us as well.”

“So no immediate concern from these tens of thousands of layoffs across corporate America?” the reporter pressed. “What I’m saying is we’re going to closely monitor this, or, you know, we are always keeping an eye on these things,” Jean-Pierre repeated.