Karine Jean-Pierre New WHPS

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Karine Jean-Pierre Doesn't Want You to Think Biden's Bank Bailout Is a Bailout

Jean-Pierre seemed to base her denial regarding the term "bailout" on the idea that the funds covering deposits in the two banks "are from fees on banks and not taxpayers," meaning "this is very different" compared to the 2008 crisis. But where did the bank get the money to pay the fees that are now being used to bail out Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank?

When asked how the White House would "reassure taxpayers they're aren't going to be on the hook" for the bailout funds, Jean-Pierre pointed to the president's remarks earlier on Monday — after which Biden refused to answer questions — and claimed the money in the Deposit Insurance Fund (DIF) was "more than enough" to cover deposits in the two failed banks.

Again, Jean-Pierre reiterated that "this is not 2008, this is very different."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Despite Banks Collapsing, KJP Claims Biden Has Built A ‘Strong Economy’

“We understand what the American people are feeling, that is why we have made it a priority to do everything that we can to lower costs for Americans,” KJP replied.

“We do not see a recession or pre-recession. We see a strong economy and it’s because of the work that this president has done,” she added.

“So look, I’m going to start with what I normally say about the Fed — is first and foremost the Fed is independent and we do not comment or interfere on their policies. We want to make sure — the president wants to make sure that we give them the space needed to make their decisions on monetary policy,” she began.

“One of the things that I’ll just repeat that the [Federal Reserve} chair Powell said, and I quote: ‘Our banking system is sound and resilient with strong capital and liquidity.’ And I’ll just leave it there. I won’t go beyond what he said,” KJP added.

WATCH:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Karine Jean-Pierre ripped for claiming Biden family's $1M payout is 'lies:' 'We're living in an insane time'

"House Oversight says they’ve got bank records showing a Chinese energy company paying three Biden family members through a third party. What were they paid for?" Doocy asked.

"Look, I’m just not going to respond to that from here. Look, we have heard from House Republicans for years and years and years how — the inaccuracies and lies when it comes to this issue. And, I don’t even where to begin to even answer that question because, again, it’s been lies and lies and inaccuracy for the past couple of years and I’m just not going to get into it from here," Jean-Pierre answered.

Her response was attacked as "gaslighting" and lies on Twitter.

"Hunter Biden’s legal team has publicly acknowledged that these payments happened. The denial by President Biden and this dodge by Karine are nothing but gaslighting," Washington Examiner Justice Department reporter Jerry Dunleavy wrote.

Hijinx

That woman is a clown. First get that clown wig off your head, then use that gristle in your head for a brain.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
That woman is a clown. First get that clown wig off your head, then use that gristle in your head for a brain.
I like that hair style.

She's got a kind of "Raggedy Karine" look going for her. Now if she'd just hang her arms in the air and swing around, with wild gestures, like a marionette....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
As reported by my colleague Joe Cunningham on Thursday, House Speaker Kevin McCarthy said that he will not vote to raise the debt limit without corresponding cuts, leaving some Senate Republicans optimistic that a bipartisan deal to reduce federal spending could actually happen.

OK, everybody, now! Don’t hold your breath.

Anyway, in addition to KJP’s momentary case of Bidenitis, she trotted out the typical Democrat schtick about cutting benefits for veterans, although the Dems’ favorite canard is their year-in, year-out lie that evil Republicans want to eliminate or reduce Social Security benefits for seniors.

Will [Republicans] vote to kill manufacturing jobs in their own home districts and reverse the reshoring of manufacturing from China? Will they vote to cut benefits for veterans in their own districts?
Will Congresswoman Majority … MaJORy Taylor Greene vote to eliminate the investments helping to create 2,500 solar manufacturing jobs in her district?

“Reshoring.” How cute. Particularly given Joe Biden’s never-ending kowtowing to Chinese dictator Xi Jinping.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Transcript:

“I also want to say a word about the decision yesterday made by the Florida Board of Education to expand the state’s dystopian Don’t Say Gay law. As this measure takes effect, it will prohibit all students up to seniors in high school from learning about our, or, learning about or even discussing LGBTQI+ people in the classrooms. Teachers in Florida have already faced the devastating consequences of the existing law. Under threat of having their licenses revoked, gay teachers have been forced to take down pictures of their spouses from their desks and censor their classroom materials. Censoring our classes is not how public education is supposed to work in a free country. Conservative politicians love to complain about the so-called cancel culture, all while threatening teachers with losing their jobs if they teach something that the MAGA extremists don’t agree with.”

Whew. That was a lot of words to basically say “I get paid to make crap up.”

1682078347753.png

Hijinx

WE had one teacher who kept the erasers locked up so we wouldn't take them and throw them during class.

Miker/t

Hell, I dont' recall even one that talked about their personal life.
I never even considered that they had a personal life. It was weird when we'd run into one outside of school at a store or something.

Last edited: