Kate Smith, the left's most recent target

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Maybe the song can be replaced with Jeramiah "I inspired Obama" Wright singing God Dam AMerica.

The Philadelphia Flyers are also cutting ties with singer Kate Smith.

One day after it was revealed the New York Yankees stopped using Smith’s rendition of “God Bless America” during home games due to her history of “potential racism," the Flyers are doing the same.

"As we continue to look into this serious matter, we are removing Kate Smith’s recording of 'God Bless America’ from our library and covering up the statue that stands outside of our arena.”

D4hJL1zXoAAErc6.jpg

just when you think...

BOP

So when are they going to ban rap music, since so much of it contains gratuitous violence against women, blacks, and other ethnicities, as well as regularly drops the N-bomb?

littlelady

God bless the USA
"Potential racism"? WTF is that!? Is that like thought crime?

That is a wtf moment. :lol: I have to be at Olney Elementary at 1030 am for Easter egg hunt with grandtots. I love this forum. Thanks for the convo. :huggy: Happy Easter, sha-BOP.

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

They better be careful who they ban they might tick off the LGBTQ people.
I think Kate swung that way.

What a powerful voice she had. There will never be another.
Perhaps it isn't Kate they want banned, but her song. God Bless America.

Rommey

I wonder if people in the year 2100 will apply the standards of the day and look back to the actions of people in 2019 and ban/discard/remove anything related to them. If you could tell someone the memorial/statue/song etc. that is celebrated today would be an issue of contention 80 years from now, I wonder how they would feel?

Hijinx

"Potential racism"? WTF is that!? Is that like thought crime?
Well Kate hasn't got much potential, she is dead.
They have to pick apart what she already recorded.

When the Moon comes over the Mountain
God Bless America
I'll be seeing you
When you wish upon a star
Silver Bells
Carolina Moon

Great songs and a great singer. I don't know what she ever sung that was racist, maybe the dipstick who came up with this BS will help us out.

Hijinx

Then somebody else will have to hate her. Not me.
It's BS that we take one song she sang in the 30's and try to ruin her for it.

But Democrats love the game of Personal destruction.,

BOP

This has them up in arms, Kate Smith is now to be hated.

Well, those out-of-work journalists have to have something to occupy their time, assuage their white guilt, and fuel their hatred of anyone to the right of Stalin.