Katrina Statistics

ylexot

Super Genius
Bustem' Down said:
I know what the percentages say, but they will concentrate on number of bodies vice percentages.
They sort-of mention that too...
Overall for the state, 658 bodies have been identified. Forty-seven percent were African-American and 42 percent were Caucasian. The remaining bodies were either non-black minorities or undetermined.
That works out to 309 African American, 276 Caucasion...not much difference.

MMDad

Lem Putt
ylexot said:
They sort-of mention that too... That works out to 309 African American, 276 Caucasion...not much difference.
Any idea what the general population ratio was?

Qurious

Im On 1.
if this is true, those whites that died were poor also, and this has nothing to do with the superdome, convention center, or I-10 which was purely about race and class.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Qurious said:
if this is true, those whites that died were poor also, and this has nothing to do with the superdome, convention center, or I-10 which was purely about race and class.
Yeah, the amount of class those people had.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yes...

MMDad said:

...70% Black.

From Wiki:

The racial makeup (2000 census) of the city was 67.25% African American, 28.05% White, 0.20% Native American, 2.26% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.93% from other races, and 1.28% from two or more races. 3.06% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

Toxick

Splat
Larry Gude said:
The racial makeup (2000 census) of the city was 67.25% African American, 28.05% White, 0.20% Native American, 2.26% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.93% from other races, and 1.28% from two or more races. 3.06% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

The only conclusion that I can draw from these figures - which indicate that the general population was 70% black, and 20% white, and that the death toll was almost 50-50 - is that George W. Bush was gunning down white people in the flooded streets.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Toxick said:
The only conclusion that I can draw from these figures - which indicate that the general population was 70% black, and 20% white, and that the death toll was almost 50-50 - is that George W. Bush was gunning down white people in the flooded streets.
Did anyone else see Gov Blanco on the news last night?? What a worthless peice of crap she is.. basically what she said.. we didn't need to evacuate "If the Levy's held they all could have walked back home" TRYING her damnest to put all of the blame on the feds, when the Head "engineer" supervising the Levy's was a state appointed employee..

Channel 4 ran the audio and video from her testimony that showed how stupid and petty she really is, CNN paraphrased with the video in the backgroun of the anchor.. CNN made it sound 10 times better then what she actually said.

ylexot

Super Genius
MMDad said:
Whatdoyaknow...the article mentions that too:
According to the 2000 census, whites make up 28 percent of the city's population
African-Americans make up 67.25 percent of the population

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Isn't anyone but me sick of being lied to by the media and having mundane crap sensationalized, while real news is swept away?

We're all supposed to be dead of Avian Flu. Last year it was SARS. I don't know about you all, but I'm still alive. And I'm damn tired of having to sort through the news to see what's the truth and what's made-up bullshit. :mad:

Pete

Repete
vraiblonde said:
Isn't anyone but me sick of being lied to by the media and having mundane crap sensationalized, while real news is swept away?

We're all supposed to be dead of Avian Flu. Last year it was SARS. I don't know about you all, but I'm still alive. And I'm damn tired of having to sort through the news to see what's the truth and what's made-up bullshit. :mad:
I am still avoiding pigs, bacon, sausage and ham because of the swine flu crisis of 1976.