Kayak fishing group

D3N4L1

What kayak fishing groups are out here? I will be new to kayak fishing and would like to tag along someone for a few times to really understand it

FirstGear

Did some fishing on my Kayak on Smith Creek over the week end, it was great. I was using an ultra light rod for perch.

FirstGear

Toped of the week end with some fishing, launched from the West basin on base paddled to the re-cycle center and the fuel dock. white perch were plentiful 9-12" range using ultra light tackle and beetle spin lure (yellow). No noise, no pollution and great fishing.

FirstGear

I'm new to Kayak fishing, but if you want to go fishing sometime message me.

I was hoping to locate one myself, thus far going fishing on a Kayak I fine relaxing, and definitely less work with anykind of power boat (this is after owning several boats). Went last night as the tide was coming up, along the rock from the base which I found myself in a middle a huge boil of fish. Trying to time when the blues and rock fish start to boil for the bait fish. Anyone care to share addition fishing area or where to catch some cat fish.

Midnightrider

I was hoping to locate one myself, thus far going fishing on a Kayak I fine relaxing, and definitely less work with anykind of power boat (this is after owning several boats). Went last night as the tide was coming up, along the rock from the base which I found myself in a middle a huge boil of fish. Trying to time when the blues and rock fish start to boil for the bait fish. Anyone care to share addition fishing area or where to catch some cat fish.

I have heard just north of the benedict bridge is good for cats......

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
There are quite a few kayak fishermen (fisherpersons?) going out of the Piney Point public launch area. Groups...singly...

FirstGear

I have heard just north of the benedict bridge is good for cats......

Thank you! I got a new Kayak the other day (field and Stream Eagle Talon 12). Took it out last night and did more perch fishing, man this Kayak tracks nice. Hence I would like to try to do some bottom fishing of it, and put to use all the accessories it is equipped with.