KC135 Crash

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
Kyrgyzstan: US Airplane on route to Afghanistan crashed near the Kyrgyz-Kazakh border – In Serbia News

Flyer's Prayer

When this life I'm in is done,
And at the gates I stand,
My hope is that I answer all
His questions on command.

I doubt He'll ask me of my fame,
Or all the things I knew, Instead,
He'll ask of rainbows sent
On rainy days I flew.

The hours logged, the status reached,
The ratings will not matter.
He'll ask me if I saw the rays
And how He made them scatter.

Or what about the droplets clear,
I spread across your screen?
And did you see the twinkling eyes.
If student pilots keen?

The way your heart jumped in your chest,
That special solo day-
Did you take time to thank the one
Who fell along the way?

Remember how the runway lights
Looked one night long ago
When you were lost and found your way,
And how-you still dont know?

How fast, how far, how much, how high?
He'll ask me not these things
But did I take the time to watch
The Moonbeams wash my wings?

And did you see the patchwork fields
And moutains I did mould;
The mirrored lakes and velvet hills,
Of these did I behold?

The wind he flung along my wings,
On final almost stalled.
And did I know I it was His name,
That I so fearfully called?

And when the goals are reached at last,
When all the flyings done,
I'll answer Him with no regret-
Indeed, I had some fun.

So when these things are asked of me,
And I can reach no higher,
My prayer this day - His hand extends
To welcome home a Flyer.

— Patrick J. Phillips

Rest In Peace, you are home now. My prayers are with you and your families.

MarieB

They are saying now that it was a C-130, and this one was also caught on film. Lets hope that whoever parachuted made it

Terrible tragedy

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
Not to turn this into a match of sources, but Defense.gov News Article: Air Force Refueling Tanker Crashes in Kyrgyzstan

Which ever the acft and which ever the source, we lost American lives today just as we have in previous days that were never mentioned by the MSM. This one might just show up on the news because of the big fireball associated with any refueler.

I am waiting to hear of more details, as I still work and deploy on KC135R's and the Aircraft business is a small world. So if you find any new details feel free to share.

MarieB

This is where I read about it

US military plane 'crashes in Kyrgyzstan'
By Tolkun Namatbayeva (AFP) – 1 hour ago
BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan — A military transport plane crashed in mountains with three crew members aboard shortly after taking off from a United States airbase in Kyrgyzstan on Friday, officials said, with so far no survivors found.

The C-130 American refuelling plane fell in the northern Chuy province at around 2:55 pm local time (0855 GMT), the emergency ministry said.

"The plane definitely belongs to the US transit centre. On board were three crew members. Their fate is unknown," the emergency situations minister Kubatbek Boronov said in a televised comment after rushing to the scene.

AFP: US military plane 'crashes in Kyrgyzstan'

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
This is where I read about it

US military plane 'crashes in Kyrgyzstan'
By Tolkun Namatbayeva (AFP) – 1 hour ago
BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan — A military transport plane crashed in mountains with three crew members aboard shortly after taking off from a United States airbase in Kyrgyzstan on Friday, officials said, with so far no survivors found.

The C-130 American refuelling plane fell in the northern Chuy province at around 2:55 pm local time (0855 GMT), the emergency ministry said.

"The plane definitely belongs to the US transit centre. On board were three crew members. Their fate is unknown," the emergency situations minister Kubatbek Boronov said in a televised comment after rushing to the scene.

AFP: US military plane 'crashes in Kyrgyzstan'

I am waiting to see how long it will take for us to see the cell phone videos posted on YouTube.

MarieB

I am waiting to see how long it will take for us to see the cell phone videos posted on YouTube.

Yeah, I know and on the news

But they will probably help with the investigation.

Moscow (CNN) -- An American military refueling plane took off and crashed in Kyrgyzstan on Friday, Kyrgyz and U.S. officials said.
Three people were on board, said Bolot Sharshenaliev of the Kyrgyz Emergencies Ministry. A ministry spokeswoman had previously said there were five. The U.S. military didn't give the number of those on the plane and said "the status of the crew is unknown."
The plane was a U.S. Air Force KC-135 tanker aircraft, according to the U.S. 376th Air Expeditionary Wing Public Affairs Transit Center at Manas, near Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. The crew and aircraft are assigned to the transit center.
The Manas transit center is a U.S. airbase that serves as a supply hub for American forces in Afghanistan. It is located at the Manas airport.

U.S. military plane crashes in Kyrgyzstan - CNN.com

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
Yeah, I know and on the news

But they will probably help with the investigation.

Moscow (CNN) -- An American military refueling plane took off and crashed in Kyrgyzstan on Friday, Kyrgyz and U.S. officials said.
Three people were on board, said Bolot Sharshenaliev of the Kyrgyz Emergencies Ministry. A ministry spokeswoman had previously said there were five. The U.S. military didn't give the number of those on the plane and said "the status of the crew is unknown."
The plane was a U.S. Air Force KC-135 tanker aircraft, according to the U.S. 376th Air Expeditionary Wing Public Affairs Transit Center at Manas, near Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. The crew and aircraft are assigned to the transit center.
The Manas transit center is a U.S. airbase that serves as a supply hub for American forces in Afghanistan. It is located at the Manas airport.

U.S. military plane crashes in Kyrgyzstan - CNN.com

The KC135 was assigned to a base in Kansas and it is highly likely the crew came from there as well.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
It was a KC-135R Stratotanker, tail number 63-8877 out of McConnell AFB, KS. I used to maintain them when I was in the Air Force. My younger brother was a boom operator on them for 24yrs. I always get the chills when one of them go down. Thoughts and prayers to all family's involved... :(

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
It was a KC-135R Stratotanker, tail number 63-8877 out of McConnell AFB, KS. I used to maintain them when I was in the Air Force. My younger brother was a boom operator on them for 24yrs. I always get the chills when one of them go down. Thoughts and prayers to all family's involved... :(

Thanks for the information, I knew the tail number but didn't know if it was authorized for release yet.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
That did not take long at all, there is Kobe Bryant, mom in court battle (that has been there all day long)but the mention of more lives lost is gone (in a matter of hours) from Google News Frontpage. SMH

MarieB

That did not take long at all, there is Kobe Bryant, mom in court battle (that has been there all day long)but the mention of more lives lost is gone (in a matter of hours) from Google News Frontpage. SMH

Google news is terrible, and especially the "Top News" pics

MMM_donuts

This is circulating Facebook.
a3u9yseh.jpg

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
He did know the boomer personally. :( My brother retired out of Fairchild last year and is still in the area.

Yes, I did get clarification over the weekend. It was a Fairchild Crew flying a McConnell Jet. Investigation is still pending. I have heard some "rumors" but choose not to bring them up until they are substantiated by an official release from the USAF.