Keeping up with the neighbors

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The folks next door painted their shutters a few weeks ago from the grayish green we all have to a bright teal and it looks gorgeous. So the neighbors across the pond all got together and painted their shutters in varying bright/bold colors. We on this side cannot let them win, so Monello is outside right now painting our shutters a bright periwinkle.

:lol:

It's going to look amazing when it's done!

And I didn't totally sit around watching him work. I put the outside landscaping together and mopped the whole house.

SamSpade

Maybe it will look like this one day

Attachments

• stjohns.jpg
    stjohns.jpg
    528.3 KB · Views: 54

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

The folks next door painted their shutters a few weeks ago from the grayish green we all have to a bright teal and it looks gorgeous. So the neighbors across the pond all got together and painted their shutters in varying bright/bold colors. We on this side cannot let them win, so Monello is outside right now painting our shutters a bright periwinkle.

:lol:

It's going to look amazing when it's done!

And I didn't totally sit around watching him work. I put the outside landscaping together and mopped the whole house.

I've always wondered. Is this just a Florida thing, or was it inspired by the colorful homes in Cuba?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
For your consideration ...

I've always wondered. Is this just a Florida thing, or was it inspired by the colorful homes in Cuba?

I think it's the tropical vibe. You see a lot of bright clothing here - hot pinks, electric blues, neon green, Hawaiian shirts, etc, moreso than in say Texas or Nebraska. Probably copied off the Cubans.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
We had drinks on the neighbor's deck. The people 2 doors down from us were removing their shutters. I'm surprised at the number of people that commented about our shutters. I call it shutter shaming. All the folks that have the original color feel the need to upgrade. Nobody is forcing them to do that.

OTOH, my back is killing me. I spray painted 16 shutters on the ground. The constant up and down took it's toll. But it's all good because the task is complete. Our neighbors are contemplating paint their shutters. It's not a big deal but in this small community, each change is evaluated by the other inhabitants.

But I'm glad that folks feel the need to improve on their living space. I like that there is pride of ownership. Even if it's just 4 cans of spray paint.

Tech

Recently changed the color of mine, third color since moving in. Took about two weeks, hey I'm retired, cleaning, drying, two coats hang back up. Also did all doors in same color. Maybe the neighbors will get the hint.