Ken Dixon service department

Azzy

I always take my Hyundai to their Hyundai service department and I've never had a problem :shrug:

2ballscrewball

I take mine to the honda service center at Ken Dixon. Two times I have been over charged. Also they have the worst system to actually speak with a human. You call the main number, listen to a 45 second message, then hear the Spanish option, then speak to the main operator. You then ask to be transferred to the service center where the service scheduler is not available you get transferred to his voicemail, but he does not call you back that day.

The actual work they do has been good for me though.

The last time I went there I asked for the free car wash. You have to ask, they don't just give it to you anymore. The work was covered under warranty, and when they called me they told me the equipment to wash my car was broke. I was like Your bucket and sponge are broke?

AndyMarquisLIVE

Let me tell you about George at Wal-Mart. :smack:

So they take the oil filter off then refust to change my oil because it was leaking. It was leaking because they took the oil filter off.

So I go to AutoZone and get oil and a filter. Since it's leaking, I can't drive it back to Waldorf. My stepdad came to help me out because he happened to be there. So George, the dept. manager comes out, and says "You gonna clean this mess up."

"Well, we've got the stuff right here to do so."

So we explain they wouldn't change the oil and he's like "Because it was leaking" and he starts insulting us with "You don't know #### and the ASE don't know ####"

So then he goes "Get your old gray busted ass piece of sh!t out of here I drive a Cadillac."

I was just like "I DONT CARE WHAT YOU DRIVE, I don't care if you drive a McClaren or a Ferarri!"

He called the police and the store manager got pissed at him and the police said "No problem here."

Lesson: Don't ever go to Wal-Mart, for anything. :smack:

mainman

Set Trippin
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
Let me tell you about George at Wal-Mart. :smack:

So they take the oil filter off then refust to change my oil because it was leaking. It was leaking because they took the oil filter off.

So I go to AutoZone and get oil and a filter. Since it's leaking, I can't drive it back to Waldorf. My stepdad came to help me out because he happened to be there. So George, the dept. manager comes out, and says "You gonna clean this mess up."

"Well, we've got the stuff right here to do so."

So we explain they wouldn't change the oil and he's like "Because it was leaking" and he starts insulting us with "You don't know #### and the ASE don't know ####"

So then he goes "Get your old gray busted ass piece of sh!t out of here I drive a Cadillac."

I was just like "I DONT CARE WHAT YOU DRIVE, I don't care if you drive a McClaren or a Ferarri!"

He called the police and the store manager got pissed at him and the police said "No problem here."

Lesson: Don't ever go to Wal-Mart, for anything. :smack:
You had a microdot right before this happened didn't you? Could you see his words? :confused:

Claff

My biggest beef with them is, as someone mentioned before, it's impossible to talk to a real person on the phone and when you leave a message they don't call back.

One time we gave up the ghost and just drove there to make an appointment. We were waiting for our turn at the desk and when we were next up the guy decided to help the woman who was waiting behind us. The wife got a little flustered and said "let's go now"... guess the guy who runs the place knew who we were and looked us up cause we got a phone call from them apologizing for the whole deal and offering to help us... ironically we weren't there and he had to leave a message which we never returned.

OldHillcrestGuy

Its been awhile about 6 years ago Ken Dixon replaced a timing belt on my Z-34, in about 11 months the belt went again, told me this time it needed the new belt and several pulleys, that they were worn, my thing was didnt you check the pulleys 11 months ago and or even suggest that it might be good idea to replace them then. We didnot put that many miles on the car in the 11 months maybe 7,000. We went round and round with the service manager with no satisfaction one evening. First thing the next morning Im checking out the internet, looking up General Motors. I dont remember if I sent a email or called a number I found, but by 10am I was recieving a call from Ken Dixon and a return call from General Motors.
Before the phone calls Ken Dixon was saying it was going to be about $900, after the phone call to GM, I only ended up paying for the parts and I dont believe it was anymore then maybe $250.
I will never go back to Ken Dixon for anything. For my GM needs on 2 of my current vehicles, I go to Bell Motors.

OldHillcrestGuy said:
Its been awhile about 6 years ago Ken Dixon replaced a timing belt on my Z-34, in about 11 months the belt went again, told me this time it needed the new belt and several pulleys, that they were worn, my thing was didnt you check the pulleys 11 months ago and or even suggest that it might be good idea to replace them then. We didnot put that many miles on the car in the 11 months maybe 7,000. We went round and round with the service manager with no satisfaction one evening. First thing the next morning Im checking out the internet, looking up General Motors. I dont remember if I sent a email or called a number I found, but by 10am I was recieving a call from Ken Dixon and a return call from General Motors.
Before the phone calls Ken Dixon was saying it was going to be about $900, after the phone call to GM, I only ended up paying for the parts and I dont believe it was anymore then maybe $250.
I will never go back to Ken Dixon for anything. For my GM needs on 2 of my current vehicles, I go to Bell Motors.

Wow, it's been 6 years already? I remember you coming into work telling of your drama with that car. :lmao:

princess73

just one of those days...
I had a Honda Del Sol that I took there for a recall for a roof leak. My roof wasn't leaking but after they did the recall it did and it rattled really bad. When I took it back for them to fix that they broke the passenger side window and then replacing that they broke the door handle! I ended up telling them that I wanted to sit in the car while they fixed the door handle and they got really nasty with me. I will never ever buy or take anything to be fixed at Ken Dixon again!

mdgirlie

breakdancejones said:
Has anyone had an issue with this place?
It seems that every time I take my auto in for repair, I leave with something else broken. :buttkick:

I will never set foot in that place as long as I live. I had one of the salespeople tell me that he had no time for me to make a decision on the purchase of a car there, and that he had 5 mouths to feed at home and would rather be out on the salesfloor. To start, he didn't know anything about the car, had me take the car on a test drive by MYSELF because he had other things to do, and then wanted me to make a decision in less than 20 minutes on the purchase of the car. I blasted him, and told the manager to get that ass off of his salesfloor, and then went to another dealership and purchased the car I wanted. That was the second time someone form Ken Dixon in Waldorf treated me like dirt. Save some time and Don't go there!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
We went to Ken Dixon when we were shopping for our Pilot, but ended up getting one from Honda of Annapolis and having an excellent buying experience. We have had it serviced religiously by the service dept there and we have NEVER had any issues with them. There are places outside of SOMD that sell and service cars, but the local dealers don't seem to realize that.

mdgirlie

Chasey_Lane said:
That's how I prefer to test drive a vehicle. :shrug:

That's no problem and some people like myself is sometimes OK with that, but I wasn't too hip on the features, and he didn't know anything about them, yet didn't even attempt to find out anything for me. I just don't like how he dropped the keys in my lap and didn't want to find out any information for me.