Kentucky lands grant to protect bingo halls from terrorists

Racingwolf

FRANKFORT, Ky. -- Kentucky has been awarded a federal Homeland Security grant aimed at keeping terrorists from using charitable gaming to raise money.

The state Office of Charitable Gaming won the $36,300 grant and will use it to provide five investigators with laptop computers and access to a commercially operated law-enforcement data base, said John Holiday, enforcement director at the Office of Charitable Gaming.

rest of story

:confused: Homeland Security money used to protect Bingo! :confused:

B

Bruzilla

Holly smokes!!! Maybe all those old women who people have been saying shouldn't be searched at the airports, and who are playing BINGO, really are terrorists!!!

I knew the AARP had reached new levels in getting their message out, but who knew it went this far.

Maybe I can get a $36,000 grant to see if those Starmaker Leaning Centers aren't teaching kids to be jihadists.

Racingwolf

Bruzilla said:
Holly smokes!!! Maybe all those old women who people have been saying shouldn't be searched at the airports, and who are playing BINGO, really are terrorists!!!

I knew the AARP had reached new levels in getting their message out, but who knew it went this far.

Maybe I can get a $36,000 grant to see if those Starmaker Leaning Centers aren't teaching kids to be jihadists.

I was thinking we should get a grant to make sure our local carnivals can't be hijacked! :peace:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Makes perfect sense.

Where do terrorists get their funding in the US? Do they hold bake sales with signs that say "Cupcakes for Jihad"? No. They funnel it through churches and charitable organizations, where they don't have to account for how the money is spent or distributed.