Kerry Daughters Receive Rude Awakening at MTV Awards

ylexot

Super Genius
From Drudge
From the moment Alexandra and Vanessa started speaking, the boos outweighed anything close to cheers, and the reaction turned worse when the daughters asked the VIACOM youth to vote for their father. So shocked by the reaction, the taller of the two daughters tried to 'shhhhhh' her peers to no avail.
Very unexpected...I might have to see that.

SamSpade

Turd Ferguson said:
If that is correct I am shocked.

Me too. I can't recall a time when youth weren't largely Democratic. But to also be honest, I can't recall a time when youth were very largely informed on politics, either.

I've heard two explanations, and both seem plausible. One is that they just did not want to hear about politics in a venue about music. It would be like an AMWAY pitch. That makes more sense than the second, which was that the crowd didn't know these two were *KERRY'S* daughters, and assumed they were *BUSH's* daughters, because they are more well known.

rraley

The Bush daughters were booed last night at the VMA as well...my guess is that the boos for the children of the candidates was due to their non-association with music and because they weren't wearing some risque outfit or used excessive vulgarity. (Gotta love my generation).

Bogart

rraley said:
The Bush daughters were booed last night at the VMA as well...my guess is that the boos for the children of the candidates was due to their non-association with music and because they weren't wearing some risque outfit or used excessive vulgarity. (Gotta love my generation).
Link, please.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Daily News says both got a boo. If I were a 20-something, I'd boo the political hounds, too. Is nothing sacred anymore???