Kerry's fellow Vets speak out

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Kerry's fellow vets will speak out tomorrow

Kerry 'Unfit to be Commander-in-Chief,' Say Former Military Colleagues
By Marc Morano
CNSNews.com Senior Staff Writer
May 03, 2004

(CNSNews.com) - Hundreds of former commanders and military colleagues of presumptive Democratic nominee John Kerry are set to declare in a signed letter that he is "unfit to be commander-in-chief." They will do so at a press conference in Washington on Tuesday.

"What is going to happen on Tuesday is an event that is really historical in dimension," John O'Neill, a Vietnam veteran who served in the Navy as a PCF (Patrol Craft Fast) boat commander, told CNSNews.com. The event, which is expected to draw about 25 of the letter-signers, is being organized by a newly formed group called Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

"We have 19 of 23 officers who served with [Kerry]. We have every commanding officer he ever had in Vietnam. They all signed a letter that says he is unfit to be commander-in-chief," O'Neill said.

Can you say, "Ooops!"

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Any and all discusions...

...of Sen. Kerry's actions, including military service and voting records are strictly out of bounds and are simply 'character assassinations'.

We can only discuss what he actually meant, in his heart, not what he did.

ylexot

Super Genius
I'm genuinely surprised! I thought most of the guys that served with Kerry were behind him. I only saw one guy that served with Kerry speak out against him.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by ylexot
I only saw one guy that served with Kerry speak out against him.
Yep, that's exactly what you saw - on CNN, MSNBC, the Wash Post, Time, Newsweek and other liberal news sources. If you'd watch Fox News or get the Wash Times, you'd have seen a bunch of Kerry's former co-workers coming out against him.

ylexot

Super Genius
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Yep, that's exactly what you saw - on CNN, MSNBC, the Wash Post, Time, Newsweek and other liberal news sources. If you'd watch Fox News or get the Wash Times, you'd have seen a bunch of Kerry's former co-workers coming out against him.
That's just it...I watch Fox News. I guess I didn't watch at the right times.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by ylexot
That's just it...I watch Fox News. I guess I didn't watch at the right times.
Gosh, they've had two guys that served with Kerry and at least one of his commanding officers. There was also some guy who was on one of the missions that Kerry got a Purple Heart for. And that's just them - there've been all kinds of Vietnam vets in general coming out against Kerry.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Shame there's not any National Guard vets who even remember serving with dumbya!:confused:

Of course, since other members of his unit included Lloyd Bentsen III, John Connally III and several members of the Dallas Cowboys I'm not too surprised.

Last edited:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Originally posted by jlabsher
Shame there's not any National Guard vets who even remember serving with dumbya!:confused:

Of course, since other members of his unit included Lloyd Bentsen III, John Connally III and several members of the Dallas Cowboys I'm not too surprised.

Served with Bush

And a quote:
In Bush's evaluation for the period May 1, 1971 through April 30, 1972, then-Colonel Bobby Hodges, his commanding officer, stated, "I have personally observed his participation, and without exception, his performance has been noteworthy."

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Sparx
SO, WHO RECOMENDED HIM FOR THE SILVER STAR?
Judging from Kerrys self serving style he probably did it himself. He probably had it typed up, double spaced with a routing sheet attached before he even got "in country".

Sparx

Originally posted by Pete
Judging from Kerrys self serving style he probably did it himself. He probably had it typed up, double spaced with a routing sheet attached before he even got "in country".

HAHA Pretty weak pete. Can't do better than that?

Otter

Nothing to see here
Jewish World Review Jack Kelly excerpt

Kerry had an advantage most servicemen do not. Medal recommendations have to be made by the commanding officer of the unit in which the heroism took place. Kerry was the commander of PCF-94. Presumably, Kerry's medal recommendation was made by the commander of the squadron to which PCF-94 belonged. But Kerry's commander wasn't there. The evidence he had of the heroism of Lt (jg) John F. Kerry came chiefly from the after action report of Lt. (jg) John F. Kerry.

Shortly after being awarded the Silver Star, Kerry took advantage of a provision in Navy regulations that permits a sailor who has been wounded three times to obtain early release from his combat tour. For Kerry — since his wounds were so minor — this was taking advantage of a technicality. There is nothing wrong with this. Many officers similarly situated would have done the same. But it wasn't heroic.

To recap: Kerry was a double volunteer. As a swift boat commander, he was brave and able. But I am unaware of any soldier or Marine who was awarded a decoration of any kind — much less the Silver Star — just for killing a wounded man who was running away.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Scorpion61
HAHA Pretty weak pete. Can't do better than that?
Of course, but why waste it on you and Kerry.

pssst you forgot to change screen names again

Last edited:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child

Attachments

• 032604_tone.gif
    032604_tone.gif
    35.4 KB · Views: 125
B

Bruzilla

All I want to know about Kerry's career is why the US Navy transferred him from a cushy job as an assistant engineering officer on a destroyer to one of the crappiest jobs in the Navy? This was definately an unusual transfer, and one that occurs for disciplinary reasons 99% of the time.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Go to www.cspan.com and you can view the entire press conference video. Its a wonderful piece.

Its currently on the first page under swiftboat veterans.

Check it out.