Kevin Kilby Obituary

Lilypad

Charles Kevin Kilby, 50, of Upper Marlboro, formerly of Bowie, died of cancer Feb. 11 in his home.

Born April 6, 1956, in Bowie, son of the late Herndon G. and Margaret M. Kilby, he graduated from Bowie High School in 1975.

An entrepreneur from the age of 8, he owned several businesses, most recently the Marlboro Horse Farm in Upper Marlboro.

He is survived by his step-mother, Lenore Kilby; three sisters, Margaret Beall, Carol Darrell and Lynne George; four brothers, Herndon "Skip" Kilby, Ed Kilby and Gary Kilby, all of Queenstown, and Roy Kilby of Davidsonville; 38 nephews and nieces; and his friends, John and Carolyn Kidd of Upper Marlboro, who cared for him through his illness and helped with his businesses.

A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Holy Family Catholic Church, 826 W. Central Ave., Davidsonville.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Hospice of the Chesapeake, 8724 Jericho City Drive, Landover, MD 20785 or 445 Defense Highway, Annapolis, MD 21401.

RIP Kevin

P

pinkpony

Lilypad said:
Charles Kevin Kilby, 50, of Upper Marlboro, formerly of Bowie, died of cancer Feb. 11 in his home.

Born April 6, 1956, in Bowie, son of the late Herndon G. and Margaret M. Kilby, he graduated from Bowie High School in 1975.

An entrepreneur from the age of 8, he owned several businesses, most recently the Marlboro Horse Farm in Upper Marlboro.

He is survived by his step-mother, Lenore Kilby; three sisters, Margaret Beall, Carol Darrell and Lynne George; four brothers, Herndon "Skip" Kilby, Ed Kilby and Gary Kilby, all of Queenstown, and Roy Kilby of Davidsonville; 38 nephews and nieces; and his friends, John and Carolyn Kidd of Upper Marlboro, who cared for him through his illness and helped with his businesses.

A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Holy Family Catholic Church, 826 W. Central Ave., Davidsonville.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Hospice of the Chesapeake, 8724 Jericho City Drive, Landover, MD 20785 or 445 Defense Highway, Annapolis, MD 21401.

RIP Kevin
I am so sorry to hear that. I boarded and worked for him for a few years in the 80's at Marlboro Horse farm. Such a nice man. He will be missed.

P

pinkpony

persimmoncf said:
:flowers: WoW, I met him a handful of times thru Faye Kunowski, his horsie neighboro.
Do you still keep in touch with Faye? We sold a horse to her, and I would love to know what happened to her.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
pinkpony said:
Do you still keep in touch with Faye? We sold a horse to her, and I would love to know what happened to her.

Faye and Bob moved to West Va. to be close to the youngest son and his family last year. Faye didnt last but a couple months...she too passed recently, I will try to find her obit.

P

pinkpony

persimmoncf said:
Faye and Bob moved to West Va. to be close to the youngest son and his family last year. Faye didnt last but a couple months...she too passed recently, I will try to find her obit.
I am also sorry to hear that. Was she ill?

Farrier

Kevin was a very kind man. I am so sorry to here of this.
I regretfuly have not spoke with him in more than 3 years.