Kidde Recalls Dual Sensor Smoke Alarm

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
PREMO Member
It looks like the quick way around this is to disassemble the alarm and remove the yellow cap. :D
If the affected units are in possession of folks who are ept in doing things for themselves.
What you suggest would take malice of forethought.

steppinthrax

If the affected units are in possession of folks who are ept in doing things for themselves.
I was in the Owings MD USPS office to get mail from my PO Box just the other day. They have on the ceiling a 15 yo smoke detector in the lobby! I can tell just by looking at it.

sastanley

This company also just went thru a huge extinguisher recall. I checked several around the house and on the boat to see if they were in the recall batch.

steppinthrax

I think I'm understanding what you are saying here. I believe the protective cap is likely covering where the smoke goes. Most likely a production mistake. So if you remove the protective cap, test the detector with smoke, it works. Then It's good.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
PREMO Member
I think I'm understanding what you are saying here. I believe the protective cap is likely covering where the smoke goes. Most likely a production mistake. So if you remove the protective cap, test the detector with smoke, it works. Then It's good.
I think a lot of folks today, have defective reasoning skills, unlike those shown in your answer.