Kimbo!!

kayakangler

FISH OR DIE
I have never been a Kimbo fan..but even though he lost he seemed to have gotten a lot better... What do you guys think? :howdy:

thurley42

HY;FR
I have never been a Kimbo fan..but even though he lost he seemed to have gotten a lot better... What do you guys think? :howdy:

that was the most pathetic excuse for a fight I've seen in a long time....The whole show they were talking about how Nelson is gifted and wow yeah he's fat but his cardio is out of control.....BS what I saw was a blubberwhale fall on Kimbo, smother him with his gut, and win because of a rule that says if you can't intelligently defend yourself the fight is over....those baby taps he was hitting Kimbo with didn't do any damage what so ever...Personally I think Herb Dean should have stood them up twice...there was no fighting going on...then the way he popped up like he just did something tremendous...even Dana was like.."Why is he getting cocky?"

Don't get me wrong...i'm NOT a Kimbo homer...I just hate to see people win fights like that....at least when c(*kchest laid on Mir he dropped heavy hands on him...the official score should have been Nelson defeats Slice 2nd round by way of FAT.

Oh yeah if you tivo'd the fight don't read this:killingme

kayakangler

FISH OR DIE
sorry

Well thanks for giving it away to people who tivoed last nights episode :cds:

LOL what did you think a posted titled KIMBO would be about...sorry

Yeah i felt like they hand picked nelson for kimbo.. I dont think that happend just by chance.. he had the credentials (sorry if i spelled that wrong) to make it look like kimbo fought a decent fighter.. but he did not look like a top dog to me!!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
that was the most pathetic excuse for a fight I've seen in a long time....The whole show they were talking about how Nelson is gifted and wow yeah he's fat but his cardio is out of control.....BS what I saw was a blubberwhale fall on Kimbo, smother him with his gut, and win because of a rule that says if you can't intelligently defend yourself the fight is over....those baby taps he was hitting Kimbo with didn't do any damage what so ever...Personally I think Herb Dean should have stood them up twice...there was no fighting going on...then the way he popped up like he just did something tremendous...even Dana was like.."Why is he getting cocky?"

Don't get me wrong...i'm NOT a Kimbo homer...I just hate to see people win fights like that....at least when c(*kchest laid on Mir he dropped heavy hands on him...the official score should have been Nelson defeats Slice 2nd round by way of FAT.

Oh yeah if you tivo'd the fight don't read this:killingme

That was a good stop. Kimbo was defenseless, the exact same moves, two times in succession. Kimbo is skill-less. His boxing is sub par, he has no take down D, he is clueless on his back. He has no legs. No cardio. Can't wrestle.

I'd be shocked if he's only 35. I'd guess he is every bit of 45.

Dana wants to entertain me, throw him in with Brock and then he can feel like all those smaller guys he mowed down on youtube. :buddies:

UncleBacon

That was a good stop. Kimbo was defenseless, the exact same moves, two times in succession. Kimbo is skill-less. His boxing is sub par, he has no take down D, he is clueless on his back. He has no legs. No cardio. Can't wrestle.

Dana wants to entertain me, throw him in with Brock and then he can feel like all those smaller guys he mowed down on youtube. :buddies:

most of the guys on you tube he faught were just as big or bigger....

I can't believe how full of nelson is of himself....he thinks he's some sort of huge mma star....I watch a lot of mma not just UFC and I was like roy who???:shrug:....the guy is a complete tool....he really thought he was the big surprise for the show and the way he acted after he beat kimbo made him look like a even bigger dumbass....you would think he just beat fedor or brock...say what you want about kimbo too...I atleast have a little respect for him...he didn't go in there trying to act like he was going to beat everyone's ass....he went in there and said I'm not good at this this and this can you teach me

thurley42

HY;FR

wow...I didn't see this until now..

I gotta disagree with most of what you are saying....like Bacon said...the dudes he were fighting weren't smaller guys he was picking on....hell, one was a local drug dealer that was terrorizing the neighborhood, after the fight he went underground and left the hood...

but anyway, to say he has no cardio is crazy....that dude is in crazy shape he's 235 pounds shredded...and to say his hands are lacking is a little off base...he grazed Nelson at the start of the 2nd and stunned him...yeah his ground game sucks...but he's been in MMA for what 3 years? Most of these guys have been fighting for 10 years and have wrestling backgrounds that stretch their entire lives...

I questionthe weight structure of the heavyweight division in UFC...206-265 is quite a range to cover.....fighters like Kimbo who are in the middle to bottom of the range obviously give up a ton (pun aside) to big fatties like Nelson...hell even Mir, a superior martial artist was beaten, imo, because Lesnar was around 30 pounds heavier and he just couldn't get him off of him...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
wow...I didn't see this until now..

I gotta disagree with most of what you are saying....like Bacon said...the dudes he were fighting weren't smaller guys he was picking on

OK, some were bigger. Some were fat slobs he wiped the floor with. Some were smaller, OK? None, not one, was he 'picking' on; they accepted the fight, just like Kimbo is now.

He is nothing but totally outclassed in MMA and has had no success, on the street or in the octagon, against anyone that knows what they are doing.

He laid there on UF and was totally incapable of defending himself, let alone defeating that tub. Why is that? He was exhausted, he was clueless. I have nothing personal against the guy, I don't even know him. My opinion is simply on a MMA level, he's a novelty, not a serious fighter.

It's right there to be seen. I have no idea what you are watching.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
he always has a punchers chance...Agreed the rest of the skills will come in time with hard training

He's been 'hard' training for several years now. He's going against guys, fat or otherwise, who have wrestled and/or done martial arts for most of their lives.

He's a sideshow, not a potential champ or even a competent under-card fighter.

Mojo

He's been 'hard' training for several years now. He's going against guys, fat or otherwise, who have wrestled and/or done martial arts for most of their lives.

He's a sideshow, not a potential champ or even a competent under-card fighter.

He has picked up a little bit of a ground game but not much. I think even Brock Lesnar would have a hard time getting Nelson's manatee looking ass off of him :lol: I guess we will see what happens when Kimbo fights again, it's pretty obvious that he is going to step in for another fight.

thurley42

HY;FR

OK, some were bigger. Some were fat slobs he wiped the floor with. Some were smaller, OK? None, not one, was he 'picking' on; they accepted the fight, just like Kimbo is now.

He is nothing but totally outclassed in MMA and has had no success, on the street or in the octagon, against anyone that knows what they are doing.

He laid there on UF and was totally incapable of defending himself, let alone defeating that tub. Why is that? He was exhausted, he was clueless. I have nothing personal against the guy, I don't even know him. My opinion is simply on a MMA level, he's a novelty, not a serious fighter.

It's right there to be seen. I have no idea what you are watching.

I don't care who you are and how great your cardio is...you aren't getting Jabba the Hutt off of you if he has you in a crucifix

Larry Gude

Strung Out
He has picked up a little bit of a ground game but not much. I think even Brock Lesnar would have a hard time getting Nelson's manatee looking ass off of him :lol: I guess we will see what happens when Kimbo fights again, it's pretty obvious that he is going to step in for another fight.

:bs: Lesnar would obliterate Nelson and you know it! :lol:

If Lesnar tripped and fell over backwards (the only way Nelson gets him on his back) he'd sweep him or roll out in seconds.

Kimbo gets another fight because Dana is invested in the Kimbo story and wants to see it work. Dana was mad at Nelson's hamming it up because Nelson is a nobody who messed up Dana's story.

Mojo

:bs: Lesnar would obliterate Nelson and you know it! :lol:

If Lesnar tripped and fell over backwards (the only way Nelson gets him on his back) he'd sweep him or roll out in seconds.

Kimbo gets another fight because Dana is invested in the Kimbo story and wants to see it work. Dana was mad at Nelson's hamming it up because Nelson is a nobody who messed up Dana's story.

:lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't care who you are and how great your cardio is...you aren't getting Jabba the Hutt off of you if he has you in a crucifix

By your reasoning, fat guys should always be the champ.

Name one. Just one fat guy in the last, what, decade, who was the champ.

Mojo

I don't know, but I just found this awesome fight :lol:

On December 12, 2009, Abbott will face Eric "Butterbean" Esch for Thumder Promotions in Alabama.[4]

thurley42

HY;FR

No...I didn't, I said he was a Jabba, but as I said in the post before it is the difference in weight...he has 35-45 pounds on him....same as Lesnar on Mir...there is no other weight division where you have that much disparity in weight.

but i'll play your game

Tim Sylvia

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No...I didn't, I said he was a Jabba, but as I said in the post before it is the difference in weight...he has 35-45 pounds on him....same as Lesnar on Mir...there is no other weight division where you have that much disparity in weight.

but i'll play your game

Tim Sylvia

I agree with you on the weight disparity. The problem is there are just so few legitimate fighters in that size.

Are saying Sylvia is a tub?

thurley42

HY;FR
I agree with you on the weight disparity. The problem is there are just so few legitimate fighters in that size.

Are saying Sylvia is a tub?

agree on first point:buddies:

are you saying he's not?:killingme

quick edit...you asked for a champ who was fat...while not as big as Nelson he certainly fits that bill.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
agree on first point:buddies:

are you saying he's not?:killingme

quick edit...you asked for a champ who was fat...while not as big as Nelson he certainly fits that bill.

Oh, come on! Sylvia would not be in Nelsons division if Dana starts a Whale class!

Come on! He's what, 6'8", 265?