Kindle Fire

ginwoman

My Kindle Fire has kicked the bucket. I have only had it 14 months. From what I read that is fairly normal but it still stinks.

RPMDAD

That sucks, wow i have friends that have them, will definitely pass this on to them.

obxtracey

My Kindle Fire has kicked the bucket. I have only had it 14 months. From what I read that is fairly normal but it still stinks.

I've had mine since they were released in November 2011. Knock-on-wood, no problems. I use it every day and hope it hangs in there a while longer. I'm not ready to shell out the money for the new HD Fire!

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!

Mine is dying too, won't keep a charge. Had it almost exactly 14 months too.

I have problems charging mine. When mine quits turning on, I have to hold the power button for 30 seconds or wait a while and charge it.

I have an iPad now.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I have problems charging mine. When mine quits turning on, I have to hold the power button for 30 seconds or wait a while and charge it.

I have an iPad now.

Wish I had gotten an iPad, my husband got his the same day I got my fire and his Ipad hasn't had an issue yet aside from the dust caked on it from Afghanistan. He does have the nice case for it, good thing.

SugarBear47

You are lucky it lasted 14 months. My first Kindle Fire died after 10 months. Amazon sent a replacement for free - a reconditioned one. Now that one is slowly dying...freezes to where it won't even reboot, will not charge or hold charge. I used to blame it on the charger because they are cheap quality, but found out it is sloppy loose connections inside the Fire. So now I definitely want an iPad.

ginwoman

You are lucky it lasted 14 months. My first Kindle Fire died after 10 months. Amazon sent a replacement for free - a reconditioned one. Now that one is slowly dying...freezes to where it won't even reboot, will not charge or hold charge. I used to blame it on the charger because they are cheap quality, but found out it is sloppy loose connections inside the Fire. So now I definitely want an iPad.

I believe I want an iPad too. Don't know much about. I wonder if the books I purchased from Amazon will load to an iPad.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!

I've had my Kindle Fire for over two years. It still works but, like I said, I have issues charging it.

Bubbaj47

100% Redneck
The problem is the connector where you plug the charger into. It is poorly attached and the solder joint brakes loose. It can be fixed, but the cost is high. It is easier to replace the whole unit. Since it is a know problem you would think that Amazon would make some allowances on repair or replacement but they seem to be of the ignore it and it will go away school of thought.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Recently someone gave me an old Kindle Touch. Seems to be working fine, but I appreciate the info.

garyt27

INAFJ
The battery can be replaced on the Fire, One company offers a kit. A battery and a little tool and instructions.
NewPower99.com

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I've had one of the original Kindles for over four years, and it works and charges just fine. I stayed away from the Kindle fire and went Nexus 7 instead about a year ago. Works great, and is way over my technical capabilities.

ginwoman

don't want to jinx myself - but the darn thing seems to be taking a charge right now. I wiggled and jiggled the power cord where it plugs into the Kindle. Fingers crossed!

inkah

The battery can be replaced on the Fire, One company offers a kit. A battery and a little tool and instructions.
NewPower99.com

Was never a battery issue with mine. It was the connection point. Some little prong/wiry things were breaking off inside and killing the cord/battery connection.

inkah

don't want to jinx myself - but the darn thing seems to be taking a charge right now. I wiggled and jiggled the power cord where it plugs into the Kindle. Fingers crossed!

Call them for your replacement now while you can still urge it to perform. And save all your crap somewhere else. :(