Kitchen gadgets

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I kid you not, today I saw an electric fortune cookie maker. It's a little griddle with two circles in which to pour batter. You close it up for a few minutes, pull out the hot cookies, stuff them with a fortune and shape them - voila!

Who buys crap like this?

I am constantly amazed by things like mini cupcake bakers, donut makers, etc. Why would you buy a special appliance that does only one thing and whose purpose can easily be accomplished with traditional standard kitchen equipment? George Foreman grills - I never understood the purpose of them. I did buy a chicken rotisserie thing and used it one time, finally threw it away after it sat in my pantry for several years. It was just stupid and a raging PITA to use.

Panini presses...help me here. They don't even save time or make a better product.

:jameo:

I kid you not, today I saw an electric fortune cookie maker. It's a little griddle with two circles in which to pour batter. You close it up for a few minutes, pull out the hot cookies, stuff them with a fortune and shape them - voila!

Who buys crap like this?

I am constantly amazed by things like mini cupcake bakers, donut makers, etc. Why would you buy a special appliance that does only one thing and whose purpose can easily be accomplished with traditional standard kitchen equipment? George Foreman grills - I never understood the purpose of them. I did buy a chicken rotisserie thing and used it one time, finally threw it away after it sat in my pantry for several years. It was just stupid and a raging PITA to use.

Panini presses...help me here. They don't even save time or make a better product.

Well, lookie her, missy... you spent $90 on an ice cream maker when my daughter's chemistry class was able to make perfectly fine ice cream using manual labor and a ziploc baggie...:duh:

lovinmaryland

Who buys crap like this?

I get what you are saying and agree to a point there are just a TON of useless items...to me at least.

I am sure someone else is thinking omg yes they finally came out w/ a quesadilla maker :yahoo: Where I am like wtf throw tortilla in pan top w/ cheese and another tortilla flip voila!

My panini press is fabulous! I bought it because my boys love them and something they can make w/ out me worrying about them burning the house down.

My GF bought the fortune cookie maker for her wedding. She made 200+ for each guests plate and then more for people to take home. Very cute idea and she said it saved her a couple hundred $ over having them made up from somewhere. Now I doubt she has used it since though :lol:

lovinmaryland

Well, lookie her, missy... you spent $90 on an ice cream maker when my daughter's chemistry class was able to make perfectly fine ice cream using manual labor and a ziploc baggie...:duh:

:lmao:

We've done it w/ one small coffee can and one big coffee can. Its called Kick the can ice cream. It took FOREVER though. But kept the kids busy for an hour hmmmmm

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
It's crap like that that make people like Ron Popeil, Billy Mays, Anthony Sullivan and others rich. People buy that crap...

Jameo

What?!

Who buys crap like this?

The only kitchen gadgets I use are my big gridde for pancakes and icecream maker. Boyfriend bought me a panini presses/grill/griddle thing for chirstmas and the boys use it for making grilled cheese sandwiches :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I did not buy it, I said I was looking at it. :razz: I can't justify that kind of money for something I'll use once or twice a year.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I am sure someone else is thinking omg yes they finally came out w/ a quesadilla maker :yahoo: Where I am like wtf throw tortilla in pan top w/ cheese and another tortilla flip voila!
:lmao: I was on the phone with my mom one night and mentioned that we were having quesadillas for dinner. She said "Oh, you have a quesadilla maker?" "No, I have a non-stick skillet :eyebrow:" :lmao:

Im_Me

Can we find a machine that makes this????

Attachments

• 302949-Chocolate-Chess-Pie.jpg
    302949-Chocolate-Chess-Pie.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 111

lovinmaryland

:lmao: I was on the phone with my mom one night and mentioned that we were having quesadillas for dinner. She said "Oh, you have a quesadilla maker?" "No, I have a non-stick skillet :eyebrow:" :lmao:

My cousin was all :yahoo::dye: :bann: when they came out w/ those... I was like um you do realize that mexican retaurants and home cooks have been making quesadillas for years w/ out one of those right? :eyebrow: You just flip it in your saute pan!

SoMDGirl42

Not surprised. Have you seen her FB postings the last week? :faint:

Her MIL had the youngest child for 8 days. On the way home from picking him up she's posting about how much she hates having both her kids at the same time. :faint:

She's been at her mothers house for the last week, so her mother could care for the oldest one.

MIL gets the oldest one today for a week.

It must be very sad not to be able handle your own kids. I pray she never has more. Can you imagine????

lovinmaryland

Not surprised. Have you seen her FB postings the last week? :faint:

Her MIL had the youngest child for 8 days. On the way home from picking him up she's posting about how much she hates having both her kids at the same time. :faint:

She's been at her mothers house for the last week, so her mother could care for the oldest one.

MIL gets the oldest one today for a week.

It must be very sad not to be able handle your own kids. I pray she never has more. Can you imagine????

I almost commented about that. It defintely came off ungrateful. If it were me I would be posting how great it was to see them and how much I appreciated grammy for taking them!

What I wouldnt give for one of our sets of parents to take the youngest kids for a damn week! That would be amazing!!! I've told her several times she has no idea how lucky she is. I hate to imagine how things would be if she had to actually raise them herself. She think she has it bad now! She has no clue unfortunately. :ohwell:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Who buys crap like this?

Except for the coffeemaker, my little Cuisinart griddler is the most used appliance in the kitchen.