Kite Surfing?

monkey

Does anyone Kiteboard/kitesurf in southern md? Not sure what it is google it. If anyone wants to try it out let me know not a sport to go solo on.

wtcombs

Does anyone Kiteboard/kitesurf in southern md? Not sure what it is google it. If anyone wants to try it out let me know not a sport to go solo on.

Hey, are you looking to kiteboard? I took lessons overseas about 3 years ago which qualifies me to fall on my ass if nothing else again this summer since i've forgotten about everything. Anyways, I'm definitely looking to get into it this summer and maybe a friend of mine too...not sure about him. Let me know if you're interested.

starsmom

Would love to try it,saw some people doing it in Assateague. Where did you find equip. at around here? Or am I jumping the gun a bit?

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
There is one guy who fly's out of Solomon's, talked with him.. very nice guy.

Kiteboarding's Best Kites

is a good source of both equipment and info. I would love to kite board but the body prohibits. I'll stick to kite buggy for now.

There is one guy who fly's out of Solomon's, talked with him.. very nice guy.

Kiteboarding's Best Kites

is a good source of both equipment and info. I would love to kite board but the body prohibits. I'll stick to kite buggy for now.

I don't see why this sport wouldn't take off here except for the lack of access to public beaches. Hike to Myrtle Point, pay to get onto Point Lookout, where else?

Michael Delaney

Porsche 917K
I did a little reasearch on it over the winter and was looking into giving it a go. A little expensive, but what hobby isn't. Where exactly do ya kite surf in SOMD?
I have experience with flying foil kites, but no surfing experience.

hwturn

Kitesurfing in SOMD

There is a great school south of Nag's Head, NC called Real Kiteboarding.
Real Kiteboarding
I took a lesson there a few years ago. I am definitely looking for anyone interested in kiting here this spring. I have a full set up and some experience, though not much luck in this area. There are a few spots I think would work, but could really use someone who knows how to launch.