Kmart removes kid's bride costume after severe backlash

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Kmart Australia has pulled a children’s bride costume from its shelves after a Melbourne mom launched a petition calling the costume “beyond inappropriate.”

The $6 costume, which included a white wedding gown and headband with veil for children between the ages of 4 and 6, was stripped from sale on Tuesday afternoon just two days after Shannon B launched the petition on Change.org.

glhs837

Power with Control
So imagination is now a bad thing. If you see a six year old girl in a wedding dress and see things, you are the friken problem, not the little girl. Just like the flap about Moana costumes. Kids want to pretend to be adults. You could find a way to be offended at literally any costume. Try me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Is there nothing - at all - that someone won't bitch about? And get their way???

One crazy woman with 124 signatures, and Kmart caved. How does that happen? Because I could find something stupid to bitch about, get 124 people to sign my petition, and I would be laughed out of the internet. I don't understand how these people get a major corporation to knuckle under to them.

Reactions: BOP
I could see removing it if the picture they used was for real, a little preggo. But they used that photo for dramatic effect. Nothing wrong with a bride outfit. I wish vendors/stores would start pushing back on the minority complaints.

I should clarify... not complaints about minorities, but complaints that are few in number, in the minority.

Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Is there nothing - at all - that someone won't bitch about? And get their way???

One crazy woman with 124 signatures, and Kmart caved. How does that happen? Because I could find something stupid to bitch about, get 124 people to sign my petition, and I would be laughed out of the internet. I don't understand how these people get a major corporation to knuckle under to them.

Nope. Everyone can be offended by anything today. A friend posted this "child" costume and I have to wonder where the outrage is over it.

Attachments

• 1571845994240.png
    1571845994240.png
    292.5 KB · Views: 129

gemma_rae

Don't all little girls dream about growing up and getting married one day? Now if the Aussies were putting these costumes on sheep I guess this nut would be fine with that.

Reactions: BOP

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
And so the madness continues...

Retailer Bed Bath & Beyond have removed their black jack-o-lanterns from store shelves after receiving complaints that they were a form of blackface.

News 12 reports that the all-black pumpkins with two white eyes were on display at a law firm in Nyack, New York as decoration for Halloween.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Maybe they can re-market them in Ross, Marshalls and Dollar General stores as "Black-O-Lanterns!