Knife Sharpening Service?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Didn't want to steal Kom's thread, but it reminded me... there used to be a guy that came to JoAnn's Fabrics to sharpen knives. Anyone know if someone still does that? I have a few that need a new edge.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I'm sure that there are some Amish that do this but you'd have to do some looking around to find them. When I hit the Leonardtown Ace I'll check the bulletin board there to see if anything is posted there.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm sure that there are some Amish that do this but you'd have to do some looking around to find them. When I hit the Leonardtown Ace I'll check the bulletin board there to see if anything is posted there.
Do they do it at Milt's?

lucky_bee

RBF expert
There was a "cooking school" next to S-cape Salon in Leonardtown across from the coffee shop. They had a sign in the window at some point about knife sharpening. Not sure if they are still open though, haven't paid attention to that location in awhile.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Yeah, but when he wears the mask in the chainsaw shed it gets kinda creepy.
This guy?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
In the past, I've used Jacob's Sharpening on Busy Corner Rd for mower blades. I'm sure he does knives, if he's still open.

After Hank retired from Ace in Charlotte Hall, we needed a solution for knife sharpening, so we got an electric sharpener off the shelf. It was pricey, but it put a really nice edge on them.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yeah, but when he wears the mask in the chainsaw shed it gets kinda creepy.
So you know about his shed? Go figger...most people can't even find it. But like SGI said...that guy knows how to sharpen knives. He also makes filet knives from "scratch" using worn out sawzall blades. I save all my 1/8" aluminum TIG rod stubs for him; he uses those to make the blade handle rivets.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I know a guy that; last I heard; had a mobile knife/scissor sharpening service. He lives in California (MD).
If he still runs said service, where would I tell him his services be needed?.....service.....services.....:roflmao:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I know a guy that; last I heard; had a mobile knife/scissor sharpening service. He lives in California (MD).
If he still runs said service, where would I tell him his services be needed?.....service.....services.....:roflmao:
Post his number, a lot of people are looking