Kurt Warner Retiring From NFL!

Beta84

They're out to get us
He's gettin old. He still has some game left, but sometimes you gotta call it quits before you decline or get hurt and damage the rest of your life. He's been talking about this being his last season (and he's not an annoying sack of crap like Brett Favre). He made this press conference a week or so ago and nobody expected him to hold a conference just to say he was coming back.

So no...no surprise.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
It DID surprise me, that he was 38 yrs old. I wasn't aware of that.

Perhaps, it IS the right moment for him to call it quits? (damn, I'm getting old!) :killingme

Beta84

They're out to get us
It DID surprise me, that he was 38 yrs old. I wasn't aware of that.

Perhaps, it IS the right moment for him to call it quits? (damn, I'm getting old!) :killingme

Oh probably because he didn't break onto the scene until the late 90's. He was in the arena league and undrafted so we haven't heard about him for as long.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Oh probably because he didn't break onto the scene until the late 90's. He was in the arena league and undrafted so we haven't heard about him for as long.

Maybe THAT'S why I didn't realise his age. Arizona is sure as heck going to miss him though!

He WAS a hero for the team!

He's such a prima donna - how many times are we gonna have to go through this? Oh, wait ... never mind.

In all seriousness, Kurt Warner strikes me as a class act. It's hard not to like him. I wish he (and the Cardinals) had been able to get another ring last year.

Shawn

Not really surprised, it's been speculated since before the season. He's proven everything that he has to. Love seeing him going out on his own terms, I think that he could still do it for a few more, but those hits towards the end of the season probably made his decision that much easier.

The man paid his dues through many lower levels of ball to make it where he has and hasn't whine one bit, Jay Cutler could learn a thing or two from him.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill

Didn't he play in the NFL for a couple years and then leave and come back or something? :confused:

Warner is a class act. Let's just hope that he doesn't pull a Favre - although I doubt it.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Maybe he'll run for office - state/national senator? Wouldn't be the 1st time an athlete tried it.

Heck, if Al Franken can find a senate seat, why not Warner?

Black-Francis

Maybe he'll run for office - state/national senator? Wouldn't be the 1st time an athlete tried it.

Heck, if Al Franken can find a senate seat, why not Warner?

99850726_5ae3dcc506.jpg