Kurtz: O'Reilly's Agent Called Zucker To Complain About MSNBC's Commentators

AndyMarquisLIVE

It keeps getting better...
"A war of words between Bill O'Reilly and NBC has erupted into a shouting match that is overheated, mean-spirited and incredibly entertaining," Howard Kurtz writes in Monday's WP.

Interesting note: "Several times over the last year, according to three sources who asked not to be identified because they were describing private conversations, O'Reilly's agent called Jeff Zucker, chief executive of NBC's television group, urging him to tell his MSNBC commentators to back off. O'Reilly also posted an online petition demanding that NBC dump Olbermann."
http://www.mediabistro.com/images/spacer.gif
> Also: "O'Reilly declined to be interviewed for this column, but Fox News spokeswoman Irena Briganti says he 'has exposed media bias for the last 10 years. This is nothing new. We don't know why NBC finds the label 'liberal' so insulting.'

Source: http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/

I'll admit NBC's come off more liberal in presentation - but it's hard to call MSNBC liberal.

Last edited:

AndyMarquisLIVE

aps45819 said:

You've got Keith, who's liberal, and Joe, who's conservative. Tucker Carlson is also conservative and Chris Matthews generally leans to the right (unless you're conservative, than Chris is too liberal). Everything else on MSNBC is repackaged Dateline repeats.

AndyMarquisLIVE

O'Reilly's mad at Olbermann and he decides to label Olbermann "factions of NBC News."

The last time I have even seen Keith on NBC was when NBC did a simulcast of MSNBC's "Capture of Saddam" coverage.

And Keith is generally straight forward news without the opinion when he does do the special reports.

Kerad

:lmao:

You gotta be kidding me. I've always considered O'Reilly many things (all of them bad)...but didn't really think of him as a crying little baby needing to be protected form someone who may be picking on him.

"Wahhh...tell him to stop making fun of me! :tantrum "

The great thing is Olbermann uses O'Reilly's own words and actions to prove his points. If Bill-O's feeling picked on by having his own quotes exposed...well, then it's on him.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Kerad said:

You gotta be kidding me. I've always considered O'Reilly many things (all of them bad)...but didn't really think of him as a crying little baby needing to be protected form someone who may be picking on him.

The great thing is Olbermann uses O'Reilly's own words and actions to prove his points. If Bill-O's feeling picked on by having his own quotes exposed...well, then it's on him.

NBC's not gonna fire Olbermann becaue (A) Olbermann is a popular commentator among liberals (B) His special comments deliver huge ratings (C) Nobody covers breaking news like Keith.

His little fued with O'Reilly is great for ratings and whenever Bill does a stunt like this, it helps Keith's ratings in a big way, because people want to see what Keith's reply will be. It's his job to deliver ratings, and Keith does just that. same way as Nancy Grace delivers huge numbers to CNN HLN (although her actions borderline criminal and she should've been fired a long time ago).

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
O'Reilly has a Peabody, you know....

Kerad said:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
You've got Keith, who's liberal, and Joe, who's conservative. Tucker Carlson is also conservative and Chris Matthews generally leans to the right (unless you're conservative, than Chris is too liberal). Everything else on MSNBC is repackaged Dateline repeats.

Chris leans to the right? Are you aware of his political history? :confused:

Just because he says he is more conservative than people think and that he voted for Bush in 2000, doesn't make it true. His stances are typically the mainstream Democrat stances. Very rarely does he take the mainstream Republican stance.

AndyMarquisLIVE

FromTexas said:
Chris leans to the right? Are you aware of his political history? :confused:

Just because he says he is more conservative than people think and that he voted for Bush in 2000, doesn't make it true. His stances are typically the mainstream Democrat stances. Very rarely does he take the mainstream Republican stance.

Let me guess, Joe and Tucker are liberal communist terrorist loving Democrats also?

On his show, Chris is usually right down the middle. He doesn't insert his opinion. He asks tough questions from both sides. That's far more than Bill O'Reilly, Neil Cavuto, Shep, Sean Hannity, John Gibson and Brit Hume do.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
Let me guess, Joe and Tucker are liberal communist terrorist loving Democrats also?

On his show, Chris is usually right down the middle. He doesn't insert his opinion. He asks tough questions from both sides. That's far more than Bill O'Reilly, Neil Cavuto, Shep, Sean Hannity, John Gibson and Brit Hume do.

You really are Forestal, aren't you?

SamSpade

AndyMarquisLIVE said:

You do realize that Sean Hannity is SUPPOSED to represent the right; he shares the show with Alan Colmes.