Kyle Busch to Gibbs, replacing JJ Yeley

AndyMarquisLIVE

Sorry Mike. I don't know how Joe GHibbs is going to be able to fit three egos that big :yikes: If Tony can't get along with Denny, then :yikes: :shocked:
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Kyle Busch chose to drive for Joe Gibbs Racing next season and began informing other teams Monday of his decision.
A source close to Busch told The Associated Press that the driver had selected Gibbs after a seven-week search that began when Hendrick Motorsports released the 22-year-old driver to make room for Dale Earnhardt Jr. next season. The source requested anonymity because the deal was not finalized.

“Kyle has made his decision and is in the process of informing the teams of his preference,” said Jeff Dickerson, who represents Busch through Motorsports Management International.
“As there are many details that still need to be worked out, Kyle will not be making that decision public at this time.”

Two car owners who had actively pursued Busch told the AP that the driver informed them Monday he had not selected their teams. They requested anonymity because they didn’t reveal Busch’s selection.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20151437/

beerlover

I can't stand that spoiled little rat-faced punk. It is going to make me sick to see him driving Bobby Labonte's car around next year.

nanstime

beerlover said:
I can't stand that spoiled little rat-faced punk. It is going to make me sick to see him driving Bobby Labonte's car around next year.
:yeahthat: :yeahthat: I think I might have to find another team to root for now.He is almost as bad as his brother SKURT ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh

Sweet 16

^^8^^
beerlover said:

Some kid commented on the 18, 20 and W2004 stickers on my car last night and said, "I like your stickers, are you a Bush fan?". I now realize he meant "Busch", not "Bush". Boy do I feel stupid.

This is almost as bad if not worse than Jr. to Hendrick. I can't believe Joe and J.D. would do this to us!! First Skurt in Rusty's car, now the Shrub driving Bobby's car. I think I am going to go :barf: now.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
At least he won't be driving the 8. :shew: :roflmao:

I hope Tony reminds him who's king in the Gibbs stable. :wench:

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
I see more wins for Gibbs and the #18 back in the winner circle. I do dislike the little dweeb but he can drive a car.

Mikeinsmd

Dutch6 said:
I see more wins for Gibbs and the #18 back in the winner circle. I do dislike the little dweeb but he can drive a car.
:yeahthat: He needs a face slap every now and then but he will win races for Gibbs.

AndyMarquisLIVE

nachomama said:
At least he won't be driving the 8. :shew: :roflmao:

I hope Tony reminds him who's king in the Gibbs stable. :wench:
I think Kyle's the better driver. I think Kyle's better than Gordomn and Johnson are. He got the lower-end equipment from Hendrick (they gave their best to Gordon and Johnson and screwed the other two).

How many times did Ky. Busch have a car that could win just for the motor to blow up or something else out of his control go wrong?

Kyle will probably surpass Tony in number of wins (for that year) next season.

I have a feeling Kyle will finish the season in the 18 because Gibbs will get desperate to get/keep that car in the top 35 in points.

AndyMarquisLIVE

I noticed Paul Menard keeps losing spots for Ginn/DEI. Down 1 position in owner's points to 31st.

I would've kept Regan Smith if I were DEI.

DEI's gonna have 1, maybe 2 cars that are running in the top 20 each week next season (Truex and Martin).

Bad call keeping Menard :boo:

AndyMarquisLIVE

ALSO HAPPENING: Gibbs to Toyota

Jayski is reporting that Joe Gibbs Racing has signed a deal to switch from Chevrolet to Toyota in 2008. Announcment to come in September.