LA Times Blames Seven COVID Deaths On Small Maine Wedding That Victims Did Not Attend

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Researching this now....I'm surprised. I see what you meant; I had no idea the transmission rates were that low.

EDIT: Looks like the rates are only low if the person has had HIV for awhile. When they first contract it, the viral load is much higher and the risk of receptive vaginal transmission jumps from 1 in 1,250 to 1 out of 50.

The demographics/statistics are interesting:

UglyBear

The demographics/statistics are interesting:

Vrai, thank you for the CDC link — indeed, fascinating.
one main thing: as white, married heterosexual male , I have basically zero risk of HIV. Whew.
Now, parallels with COVID:
  1. all the transmission rates in “minority” homosexuals — one would think, that after four decades of studies of HIV, a truly death sentence disease, they would learn to wrap their parts when messing around — nope, they are still increasing .
  2. Did you see the funny funny statement at the bottom, the part about the deaths?
“In 2018, there were 15,820 deaths among adults and adolescents with diagnosed HIV in the US. These deaths may be due to any cause.”
But all those people who died since March died OF COVID?

PeoplesElbow

Vrai, thank you for the CDC link — indeed, fascinating.
one main thing: as white, married heterosexual male , I have basically zero risk of HIV. Whew.
Now, parallels with COVID:
  1. all the transmission rates in “minority” homosexuals — one would think, that after four decades of studies of HIV, a truly death sentence disease, they would learn to wrap their parts when messing around — nope, they are still increasing .
  2. Did you see the funny funny statement at the bottom, the part about the deaths?
“In 2018, there were 15,820 deaths among adults and adolescents with diagnosed HIV in the US. These deaths may be due to any cause.”
But all those people who died since March died OF COVID?
HIV doesn't actually kill you, it opens the door for other things that do though.

Hijinx

My sister is frightened to death of the Covid. She only goes out to go to the grocery store.

That aint living.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

The only way I'd have less risk is if I were a lesbian. I'm not sure why the media feels the need to terrorize us with their BS, but there it is.

rmorse

The only way I'd have less risk is if I were a lesbian. I'm not sure why the media feels the need to terrorize us with their BS, but there it is.

I'm assuming your risk is so low because you're in a monogamous relationship? You don't have to answer that, obviously. I'm just commenting because I read the CDC report you posted and it's in conflict with the narrative that heterosexual men and women aren't at risk.

"In 2018, gay and bisexual men accounted for 69% of the 37,968 new HIV diagnoses and 86% of diagnoses among males.'

That can be reworded to say that in 2018, heterosexual men and women accounted for 31% of the new HIV diagnoses. 14% of those were among heterosexual men", can't it?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm assuming your risk is so low because you're in a monogamous relationship? You don't have to answer that, obviously. I'm just commenting because I read the CDC report you posted and it's in conflict with the narrative that heterosexual men and women aren't at risk.

"In 2018, gay and bisexual men accounted for 69% of the 37,968 new HIV diagnoses and 86% of diagnoses among males.'

That can be reworded to say that in 2018, heterosexual men and women accounted for 31% of the new HIV diagnoses. 14% of those were among heterosexual men", can't it?

Monello and I are monogamous as far as I know. :jet:

Many of the cases are IV drug users who may also be heterosexual. The IV drug use is what would put them at risk.

Also, note that urban areas are far and away the highest areas of infection. Suburban and rural areas have very few cases.

Here is an informative article on how HIV is transmitted:

Two that jump out:

• Deep, open-mouth kissing if both partners have sores or bleeding gums and blood from the HIV-positive partner gets into the bloodstream of the HIV-negative partner. HIV is not spread through saliva.
  • Eating food that has been pre-chewed by a person with HIV. The contamination occurs when infected blood from a caregiver’s mouth mixes with food while chewing. The only known cases are among infants.
:barf:

rmorse

Monello and I are monogamous as far as I know. :jet:

Many of the cases are IV drug users who may also be heterosexual. The IV drug use is what would put them at risk.

Also, note that urban areas are far and away the highest areas of infection. Suburban and rural areas have very few cases.

Here is an informative article on how HIV is transmitted:

Two that jump out:

• Deep, open-mouth kissing if both partners have sores or bleeding gums and blood from the HIV-positive partner gets into the bloodstream of the HIV-negative partner. HIV is not spread through saliva.
  • Eating food that has been pre-chewed by a person with HIV. The contamination occurs when infected blood from a caregiver’s mouth mixes with food while chewing. The only known cases are among infants.
:barf:

I see what you’re saying. Thanks!