Ladies, today is your day

Tomcat

Anytime
Leap Year has been the traditional time that women can propose marriage.
Leap Year Traditions -- St. Bridget's Complaint, Sadie Hawkins Day, Greek Superstition
When the rules of courtship were stricter, women were only allowed to pop the question on one day every four years. That day was February 29th.

St. Bridget's Complaint
It is believed this tradition was started in 5th century Ireland when St. Bridget complained to St. Patrick about women having to wait for so long for a man to propose. According to legend, St. Patrick said the yearning females could propose on this one day in February during the leap year.:killingme

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I just hope St Bridget wasn't sitting around waiting on St Patrick. :ohwell:

I always get Sadie Hawkins and Guy Fawkes day mixed up. For some reason I think things should be blown up today. :lmao:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I just hope St Bridget wasn't sitting around waiting on St Patrick. :ohwell:

I always get Sadie Hawkins and Guy Fawkes day mixed up. For some reason I think things should be blown up today. :lmao:

:jet:

Tomcat

Anytime
Happy Sadie Hawkins Day!
Sadie Hawkins Day
In the United States, some people have referred to the first Saturday in November as Sadie Hawkins Day with women being given the right to run after unmarried men to propose.
Sadie Hawkins was a female character in the Al Capp comic strip Li'l Abner. Many communities prefer to celebrate Sadie Hawkins Day in November because Al Capp first mentioned Sadie Hawkins Day on November 15, 1937.