Lady A

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's what Lady Antebellum chose for their new band name because "antebellum" might be offensive to black people.

Too bad Lady A is already taken by a black blues singer.

:roflmao:

Lady A's counter to the trio, who did not reach out to her before making the change, is "This is too much right now. They’re using the name because of a Black Lives Matter incident that, for them, is just a moment in time. If it mattered, it would have mattered to them before. It shouldn’t have taken George Floyd to die for them to realize that their name had a slave reference to it." She adds that their PR move is "an opportunity for them to pretend they’re not racist or pretend this means something to them. If it did, they would’ve done some research. And I’m not happy about that."

:notworthy

stgislander

PREMO Member
Lady Antebellum... or Lady A... or whatever they'll call themselves must be destroyed. Their recording label needs to drop them asap. (I'm beginning to love cancel culture.)

Hey... maybe they should rename themselves that!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Lady Antebellum... or Lady A... or whatever they'll call themselves must be destroyed. Their recording label needs to drop them asap. (I'm beginning to love cancel culture.)

Honestly, I cheer hard when black people (or anyone) take apart these woketard white celebrities. They can all get canceled as far as I'm concerned.

🤷

Clem72

Or "Cancel Culture Club", then release an album with "White Boy Blues", "The Culture War Song", and "Karma Farming Chameleon".

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo

Cancel Culture Club is a great name for a band!

Clem72

Seriously though, antebellum to me has always meant a style of architecture.

Well yeah, it quite literally means before the war. There's antebellum south, and antebellum north. It has no racial context in and of itself.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well yeah, it quite literally means before the war. There's antebellum south, and antebellum north. It has no racial context in and of itself.

Before the war.....that freed the slaves.

I have never heard anyone gripe about Lady Antebellum, although it could certainly be construed as blatantly offensive to black people. So LA could have stayed below the radar and gone about their business. But NO! They needed some attention and to jump in with #metoo virtue signaling.

Well they got some attention, alright.