lake anna ?

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
hi everyone ! I am trying to decide on where to go in the area ( within an hour's drive or so ) for a day or two kind of getaway ... I just wanted to ask if anyone has stayed at the Lighthouse Inn at Lake Anna ? if so, how was it ? I'm thinking of going there for a couple days ... also, hows the fishing there ? Also, are there any other places nearby that you might recommend for a couple days r & r ? TIA for anyones input ! :smile:

SeaRide

Yes, I have stayed at Lighthouse Inn at Lake Anna many times for the bass fishing tournaments (since '87). When I was involved in the tourney thing, I just like the motel enough for only sleeping. Although 2nd floor has nice balconies for a nice view of the lake.
I recall the room comes with a small refrigerator and a microwave. I was able to open the front door and the rear sliding door for a nice breeze in the evening.

During August, bass fishing at the lake is good in the morning and in the evening. Good catfishing at night. Breams can be caught at good spots around the lake. If you want an ultimate fishing experience, hire a fishing guide in advance (your choice - half day or full day).

If you are into fun wine tasting thing, check out the Lake Anna Winery.
I just checked the Lake Anna Winery (http://www.lawinery.com/) they will have Lake Anna Jazz in the Vineyard event. That place is a short drive from the lake on Rt 208.

You can rent pretty much anything ( jetski, pontoon, john boat, etc) out there at the lake.

Check out the picture of the High Point Marina & Lighthouse Inn (on left) on www.highpointmarina.com

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Lake Anna is AWESOME and I love it! There are several camp sites in the area and they're all inexpensive. The water is very, very warm, but it's not from the sun heating it up. If you know the area, you'll know why! :whistle: :lol:

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
Thanks very much Searide, Chasey and Citysherry ! nice to hear good things about it ! Chasey, do tell about why the water is warm there ... I've never been and not really familiar with this area even after 3 yrs here ... the Winery sounds great too :biggrin:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Rane said:
Chasey, do tell about why the water is warm there ... I've never been and not really familiar with this area even after 3 yrs here ... the Winery sounds great too :biggrin:
Two words: power plant! :peace: Don't pay it any mind though. I've swam in the waters of Lake Anna on many occasion and I'm still in one piece and all accounted for! :lol: