Landscaping AND tree removal companies

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Does anyone have someone they would recommend to have trees removed and landscaping done? I have about six large trees that need removed and our yard needs leveled and some hardscaping done. I’d like a company that can bundle and do it all but I know that’s a tall order. Thanks’

Grumpy

I haven't used them myself, but I have heard from others that they are fair and reasonable. Tree removal is expensive, had 2 large trees taken out 2 years ago it cost 1500.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I haven't used them myself, but I have heard from others that they are fair and reasonable. Tree removal is expensive, had 2 large trees taken out 2 years ago it cost 1500.

Thank you, I'll give them a call. I know this is going to be costly but it needs doing so I've been saving. :yay:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
What I've found is that the local guys that are good at tree felling are not so good at landscaping. I'm still dealing with a mess from my last go-around having trees removed. I haven't found anyone yet for the yard work which is similar to your need. As far as tree felling, they're all about the same from my experience, so shop on price. The only one I would not use again is Southern Maryland.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Wentworth's might also be an option for the hardscaping/ landscaping. They probably don't do tree removal and stump grinding, though.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Any other suggestions? Honeycove never showed up for our appointment. We called them and left a message but they never called back.

General Lee

Any other suggestions? Honeycove never showed up for our appointment. We called them and left a message but they never called back.
I'd mash the hell the out of them on social media. Companies like this need taught a lesson these days. Work ethic and customer customer service is non-existent lately.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
I wanted to use a lawn service to get my grass looking great and not just a yard full of weeds. I heard Scotts was good but someone bought them out and the quality was not as good. A coworker said that Wentworth is good and pleased with the service. I called them, guy came out to measure the yard and said he will mail me a quote. Never heard from them again. I emailed asking about the quote and still nothing.

This tells me what customer service is like and they probably do not need any more work. Going to research other businesses.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Does anyone have someone they would recommend to have trees removed and landscaping done? I have about six large trees that need removed and our yard needs leveled and some hardscaping done. I’d like a company that can bundle and do it all but I know that’s a tall order. Thanks’
Please let us know if you find someone good and reliable. It sounds like this area is lacking in both!

SamSpade

What others have said - you're not likely to get a good fit on BOTH. We do tree removal with Jeff's Tree Service here in Hollywood - and the owner is a good guy. But the crew sometimes leaves a mess with a big tree, even after stump grinding.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
What others have said - you're not likely to get a good fit on BOTH. We do tree removal with Jeff's Tree Service here in Hollywood - and the owner is a good guy. But the crew sometimes leaves a mess with a big tree, even after stump grinding.
I was in a crunch for time, so I used Southern Maryland once, gave me a good price. Absolutely fast, had two huge trees down in no time at all, but his "landscape" cleanup was terrible. I'm still looking for someone to fix the front yard from his mess. Oh, and when he was here, his payloader was leaking hydraulic fluid. Badly. Instead of fixing it, he just kept refilling. 2 years later, I was still smelling hydraulic fluid. Guy was like a bull in a china shop. Would not use him again.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
You can try J. Collins Enterprise LLC in Mechanicsville. They do excavation and landscaping. 240-538-6689. Not sure if they do tree removals but I would consider it a part of excavation too. Joey widened my driveway and the results were better than I would have thought. Very happy with his work.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
We're talking with Simpson and sons and waiting on an estimate. Does anyone know a surveyor? We need to establish or property lines so when we get ready to have the work done we can move forward.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
We usually work with R.A Barrett, Wilkerson & Associates, or COA (All in Calvert County).

http://rabarrett.com/
https://www.wilkersonnassociates.com/w/Home.html
https://coainc.com/

We went with Wilkerson & Associates (thank you). We have an appointment with Alexander's tree service but they're swamped right now so that won't be until late September and Simpson and Sons, LLC has been really great so far working with us to figure out our landscaping, hardscaping, and fencing needs. I'll keep everyone posted with how things move forward.