Large Alligator caught, Killed in Calvert

stgislander

PREMO Member
According to the unofficial CRE FB page, this gator has been around for a few years. Many people were aware of it. I am surprised it survived winters.
That would mean DNR was likely aware of it. My understanding of MD's "Game" rules is if it's not specifically called out as a game animal, it is protected. It will interesting to see how this plays out.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
That would mean DNR was likely aware of it. My understanding of MD's "Game" rules is if it's not specifically called out as a game animal, it is protected. It will interesting to see how this plays out.
I'd be claiming "non native and invasive species" for the alligator. "I didn't want my young dog to get eaten."

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'd be claiming "non native and invasive species" for the alligator. "I didn't want my young dog to get eaten."
That's what I'd be claiming if I was the one that killed it.

I would think it would be up the DNR to remove the gator if they were aware of it. Especially if the locals knew the gator had been there for a couple years.

PeoplesElbow

I had a pet caiman when I was living in Baltimore. They're adorable as babies, but then they grow to the size of the fish tank they're held in and not quite as cute. His name was Bitey because he did. I fed him live gold fish that he used to bite in half and not finish. I eventually gave him to my brother Ed - not sure what he did with him, but I'm betting he was dumped in Saint Jerome's Creek.
Bitey?

Where did it come from?

PeoplesElbow

A Baltimore pet store on Light Street. He was in the window along with probably fifty of his brothers and sisters. Our eyes met. He wagged his tail at me, the rest was fate. He bit me five minutes after I brought him home, hence the name Bitey. Not exactly the most cuddly pet in the world.
I had hermit crabs named Hermie and Crabby.

DaSDGuy

A Baltimore pet store on Light Street. He was in the window along with probably fifty of his brothers and sisters. Our eyes met. He wagged his tail at me, the rest was fate. He bit me five minutes after I brought him home, hence the name Bitey. Not exactly the most cuddly pet in the world.
And I thought I had problems when the cat climbed on the bed at night.

somdwatch

Attachments

• hands.jpeg
    hands.jpeg
    30 KB · Views: 77