Largest County In Maryland Vows Not To Cooperate With ICE

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
On Monday, Montgomery County, Maryland’s largest county, officially joins the list. County Executive Marc Elrich will sign an executive order on Monday that will keep the area from cooperating with ICE, even though the policy has been unofficially on the books for some time.

“The Promoting Community Trust Executive Order aims to reaffirm current county policy and improve community security by ensuring that immigrant and otherwise vulnerable communities can engage with county departments,” Elrich said in a statement provided to WTOP.

The policy ensures that county agencies do not ask those who seek help about their immigration status, the outlet reported. Nor will these agencies cooperate with ICE.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/49742/largest-county-maryland-vows-not-cooperate-ice-ashe-schow

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
...and otherwise vulnerable communities....
Given the stupidity of these no-longer-law-abiding jurisdictions, I now choose to identify as a member of the above.

In all seriousness, I wonder what would happen if folks decided they would no longer cooperate with these jurisdictions by withholding payment of property taxes, etc.? Does one think these jurisdictions would be as understanding or equally accommodating?

--- End of line (MCP)

Sapidus

Given the stupidity of these no-longer-law-abiding jurisdictions, I now choose to identify as a member of the above.

In all seriousness, I wonder what would happen if folks decided they would no longer cooperate with these jurisdictions by withholding payment of property taxes, etc.? Does one think these jurisdictions would be as understanding or equally accommodating?

--- End of line (MCP)

Do you believe residents of the District of Columbia should withhold their tax payments until they get representation and electoral votes?

Sapidus

May they have every single dollar of federal funds withheld until they change their tune. EVERY dollar.

Good luck with that.

MoCo is also mds richest county. They probably contribute as much as they take. Much like other urban counties that won’t coooerate with ICE.

Kind of goes against your narrative that immigrants bring crime and destruction when a rich county defends their right to be there.

luvmygdaughters

Well than, round up the illegals from the other counties in Maryland and ship them to Baltimore and Montgomery counties, put a fence around them, cut off all federal help and monies and let the games begin!!!

luvmygdaughters

Good luck with that.

MoCo is also mds richest county. They probably contribute as much as they take. Much like other urban counties that won’t coooerate with ICE.

Kind of goes against your narrative that immigrants bring crime and destruction when a rich county defends their right to be there.
A "Rich" county can also afford to pay the illegals for lawncare, housekeeping and childcare. If they had to hire legal or naturalized citizens, probably not so much.

Yooper

Do you believe residents of the District of Columbia should withhold their tax payments until they get representation and electoral votes?
No. Because that is currently the law; that they are represented under the special conditions set out for the District of Columbia years and years ago. What Montgomery County is doing/is considering doing would be a violation of the current law.

Feel free to argue the merits of DC residents getting representation and electoral votes [edit: see posts #12 & 13, below] all you want, but try not to suggest two entirely different scenarios as being the same. Unless, of course, your parallel is that you encourage breaking the law.

Bonus comment. The case is quite clear that DC residents shouldn't get representation and electoral votes [edit: see posts #12 & 13, below]. At best, the non-Federal governmental portions of the District should be incorporated as a city in MD (as Arlington in VA did years back). Then the question would be, "Does MD want DC?" My bet is, "no."

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

nutz

Thats a good way to keep things on topic. When was the last time D.C. did not have morally and fiscally inept politicians?

nutz

Good luck with that.

No one said they want equality for all their citizens/visitors, they just dont want the cops hassling the help.

Rommey

No. Because that is currently the law; that they are represented under the special conditions set out for the District of Columbia years and years ago. What Montgomery County is doing/is considering doing would be a violation of the current law.

Feel free to argue the merits of DC residents getting representation and electoral votes all you want, but try not to suggest two entirely different scenarios as being the same. Unless, of course, your parallel is that you encourage breaking the law.

Bonus comment. The case is quite clear that DC residents shouldn't get representation and electoral votes. At best, the non-Federal governmental portions of the District should be incorporated as a city in MD (as Arlington in VA did years back). Then the question would be, "Does MD want DC?" My bet is, "no."

--- End of line (MCP)
DC gets 3 electoral votes since the adoption of the 23rd Amendment in 1961.
As for the ones in DC complaining about the current situation, I liken to those people who move near an airport and then complain about the noise. They knew (or should have known) what the situation was before moving there.

Yooper

Oops. To be read with an James Earl Jones type of official voice: "In concentrating on the overarching point (i.e., improper to compare DC and Montgomery County) Yooper just 'cut and pasted' from the post of the person to whom he was replying. That was sloppy on his part. Yooper regrets the error."

Appreciate you pointing it out. 👍

As for the ones in DC complaining about the current situation, I liken to those people who move near an airport and then complain about the noise. They knew (or should have known) what the situation was before moving there.
Absolutely agree. NAS Oceania comes to mind. Or Fort Knox. Or myriad others.

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

Sapidus

Feel free to argue the merits of DC residents getting representation and electoral votes [edit: see posts #12 & 13, below] all you want, but try not to suggest two entirely different scenarios as being the same. Unless, of course, your parallel is that you encourage breaking the law.

Bonus comment. The case is quite clear that DC residents shouldn't get representation and electoral votes [edit: see posts #12 & 13, below]. At best, the non-Federal governmental portions of the District should be incorporated as a city in MD (as Arlington in VA did years back). Then the question would be, "Does MD want DC?" My bet is, "no."

--- End of line (MCP)
[/

So no one was born in DC ?

Sapidus

A "Rich" county can also afford to pay the illegals for lawncare, housekeeping and childcare. If they had to hire legal or naturalized citizens, probably not so much.

You just described Trumps employment strategy at Mar a lago with his seasonal guest workers.

Not to mention parts of our farm pickers, animal slaughterers and other jobs no one wants to do

Entire parts of our economy are built on this.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Absolutely agree. NAS Oceania comes to mind. Or Fort Knox. Or myriad others.
--- End of line (MCP)
Or next to a working farm.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Even the MoCo PD chief agrees with this. He said that immigration failures are the fault of the federal government and it is not the job of MoCoPD to help them clean up their mess.

This_person

Good luck with that.

Every single word is non sequitur. They're violating law, duty, and honor.