Largest Federal Deficit since FY 2012

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
C'mon Chris... you know damn well that cutting out a snippet of someone's post and putting it in a different context is Billy boys patented idiocity! Shame on you :nono:

Don't stoop to the level of the seniors :yay:

You kids are cute :cheekpinch:

Chris0nllyn

Gee: While all you want to do is blame it on Trump and pump it up./
How many budgets was it that passed during Obama's reign?

Because it's Trump's fault. He signed the budget deal after bitching about Obama's deficit (as you like to put it). He agreed to more spending while cutting taxes. The buck stops with him just as it did Obama.

Passing a budget is good. Passing one that's fiscally conservative would be great.

Hijinx

Because it's Trump's fault. He signed the budget deal after bitching about Obama's deficit (as you like to put it). He agreed to more spending while cutting taxes. The buck stops with him just as it did Obama.

Passing a budget is good. Passing one that's fiscally conservative would be great.

Maybe if he had just a wee bit of help he might be able to do that.

Chris0nllyn

Maybe if he had just a wee bit of help he might be able to do that.

Besides the GOP-controlled Congress, you mean?

He's Mr. Get-it-done any other time. Mr. Deal maker any other time, and now he can't get done what he said he would because of someone else?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Besides the GOP-controlled Congress, you mean?

He's Mr. Get-it-done any other time. Mr. Deal maker any other time, and now he can't get done what he said he would because of someone else?

Gonna be a long 6 more years for you too, eh kid?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

It does not matter who is president. The debt will always continue to grow. Always. Every year. It has to. The only way to feed the government is to take on more debt. If that didn't happen, the taxes would be at a fully confiscatory level. Because we operate in a debt based monetary system. The only way to fix this is for this Congress to take back the issuing of our Country's currency from the banks and put it back into the hands of the people. Short of that happening, just keep watching debt levels rise until the system crashes and implodes. An event that is on the horizon.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
If I may ...

It does not matter who is president. The debt will always continue to grow. Always. Every year. It has to. The only way to feed the government is to take on more debt. If that didn't happen, the taxes would be at a fully confiscatory level. Because we operate in a debt based monetary system. The only way to fix this is for this Congress to take back the issuing of our Country's currency from the banks and put it back into the hands of the people. Short of that happening, just keep watching debt levels rise until the system crashes and implodes. An event that is on the horizon.
Or the government could be scaled back, you know get rid of the dept of ...

Chris0nllyn

Serious question to anyone who considers themselves a conservative, or anyone who voted for Trump (partly) because he was a businessman who could turn this country around fincicially: Is the deficit a big deal to you?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I half-expected Trump to be able to turn the economy around. And he's exceeded my expectations on that score.

I've never been under any illusion that he could put any real dent in the deficit and debt numbers. Congress does a very effective job of preventing that from happening...both parties equally.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

put an end base line budging and automatic increases in Entitlement Spending

All these ideas do nothing but to rearrange the chairs. Unless the real reason, the real cause, (a central bank issuing the County's currency at interest), is stopped, nothing will prevent the debt from increasing. Without new money being created and injected into the economy to service older debt, the economy implodes. Will implode.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
what do YOU Expect to be done about it

He expects a miracle of miracles and all the Dems and GOP will be mysteriously replaced with libertarian/constitutionalist representatives to slash the budget back to $1billion annually.

You'll know when it happens because they'll all be parachuting down to the capitol riding unicorns.

Chris0nllyn

what do YOU Expect to be done about it

From a macro level, reduce spending. Others (see above) would have you believe that the rabbit hole we're in (thanks to people folks, again see above, have voted for) can't be solved.

Or we just let it ride until we collapse financially. It'll be great. :yay:

Chris0nllyn

He expects a miracle of miracles and all the Dems and GOP will be mysteriously replaced with libertarian/constitutionalist representatives to slash the budget back to $1billion annually.

You'll know when it happens because they'll all be parachuting down to the capitol riding unicorns.

If voters actually cared, so would the politicians they elected. Doesn't have to be a certian party, just politicians who have some sort of financial sense.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
If voters actually cared, so would the politicians they elected. Doesn't have to be a certian party, just politicians who have some sort of financial sense.

You say that like you think they don't understand addition and subtraction. They have financial sense.

What they don't have are ethics and morals. They trash the budget and expect someone else to solve the problem loooooooooooooooooooong after they've left office.