Largest rocket ever made getting ready to fly.....

glhs837

Power with Control
Expecting ground static fire this week or maybe next, possible orbital flight within 30 days....... If the FAA gives a positive ruling on Monday that is..... Would not surprise me if they were shooting for the 4th of July to set off what, no matter if they succeed or not, will be one helluva a firework......

Like Falcon Heavy, odds are given as low that it will make the whole planned flight, but as long as they learn, thats okay...... Moving this fast has a cost, and increased chance of blowing something up is part of that.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Expecting ground static fire this week or maybe next, possible orbital flight within 30 days....... If the FAA gives a positive ruling on Monday that is..... Would not surprise me if they were shooting for the 4th of July to set off what, no matter if they succeed or not, will be one helluva a firework......

Like Falcon Heavy, odds are given as low that it will make the whole planned flight, but as long as they learn, thats okay...... Moving this fast has a cost, and increased chance of blowing something up is part of that.

It sounds like Booster 7 had an explosion on the test pad on Monday. I guess there's no word on when we may see Starship Heavy fly?

glhs837

Power with Control
It sounds like Booster 7 had an explosion on the test pad on Monday. I guess there's no word on when we may see Starship Heavy fly?

Yep, and while it looked bad, we wont know for sure til they finish looking it over. On first glance, the 33 Raptors looked good. Some damage to the launch platforms support systems, doesn't look to be anything that cant be fixed in a week or two tops. Looks like someone vented methane at a Very Bad Time.

No word on the orbital test. One thing that in favor is the Booster 8 is almost complete, so even if Booster 7 is a washout, the delay wont be significant. My guess is best case mid August, worst case September.

Oh, and theres no such thing as Starship Heavy. The booster is Super Heavy, they refer to them as Booster Number or BN, the orbital ship is Starship, referred to a Ship Number or SN, and confusingly enough the entire system is Starship.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Oh, and theres no such thing as Starship Heavy. The booster is Super Heavy, they refer to them as Booster Number or BN, the orbital ship is Starship, referred to a Ship Number or SN, and confusingly enough the entire system is Starship.
Thanks for the clarification.

glhs837

Power with Control
Thermal/aero covers took some damage.
Screenshot_20220714-182323.png