Larry, you won.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Dubai-owned company has decided to transfer fully the U.S. operation of P&O ports in North America to a U.S. entity, according to Sen. John Warner.

More to come...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No...

MMDad said:
Dubai-owned company has decided to transfer fully the U.S. operation of P&O ports in North America to a U.S. entity, according to Sen. John Warner.

More to come...

...today, my friends, AMERICA won.

Won't you join me?

O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America!
God shed his grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From ports not owned by the UAE!!!

We'll see how this plays out. I smell limburger.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Larry Gude said:

Won't you join me?

Above the fruited plain!
America! America!

I'll give that one to you. This is the best possible outcome. If we had kicked them out, we'd have paid for it Internationally. If we didn't, we'd have paid for it at home.

Any chance they did this without a little "persuasion"?

Larry Gude said:

Won't you join me?

Above the fruited plain!
America! America!

:patriot: :eyebrow:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

MMDad said:
I'll give that one to you. This is the best possible outcome. If we had kicked them out, we'd have paid for it Internationally. If we didn't, we'd have paid for it at home.

Any chance they did this without a little "persuasion"?

...my opinion is this; The Bush family is NOTORIOUSLY close with Arabs; both Saudis and now, obviously, folks from Dubai/UAE.

From an international standpoint, from a statesmen stand point; fine. Bush 41 did a hell of a job building the Iraq War coalition BUT he ended up BETRAYING Iraqi patriots, a la Bay Pigs style, when he did not support them as he promised if they would try to over throw Saddam. Stormin Normin did no favors either when he gave Saddam permission to use helos right after the truce; they used 'em to wipe out and suppress people trying to get at Saddam from within.

Bush 43 gets all the credit in the world for what we're trying to do in Iraq; if it works, it transforms the world for the way better. So, I don't suspect his motives. He is, after all, got us knee deep in regional politics much to the discomfort of many a dictator/king, even ones friendly to us. I see this as a deal he cut with them for all their help and no way in HELL they didn't see this coming, the outrage.

I'm sure he told them he'd get it through but since the blow up he's told them he's in a jam. So, they say, 'no problem. You owe us one. We'll work something else out. We'll withdraw and save you the hassle."

Again, we ain't done yet.

has decided to transfer fully the U.S. operation of P&O ports in North America to a U.S. entity

IF they own the US entity, they, a foreign government, still owns and operates a key US asset.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Larry Gude said:

IF they own the US entity, they, a foreign government, still owns and operates a key US asset.

That was my first thought. I don't think they could get away with it. I'll be watching, as I'm sure you will be.