Las Vegas Motor Speedway Sun, Mar 3, 3:30 PM

homedepot20

Standing PRIOR to Las Vegas
HD20 9
OHCG 5
CALV 4
STGIS 3
MON 2

Getting those bonus points for 2nd, 3rd & 4th is quite the challenge . More LUCK I think:snacks:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
1 Kyle Busch
2 Logano
3 Harvick
4 Keselowski
5 Hamlin

I dropped Truex, jr this week so I may end up regretting that.

Monello

PREMO Member
Looks like a few pickers got some bonus points this weekend. WTG!

homedepot20

Las Vegas Results
1- Logano WINNER
2- Keselowski
3-Kyle Busch
4- Harvick
5- Kurt Busch

Standing AFTER Las Vegas
HomeDepot20 9+2=11
OldHillCrestGuy 5+6=11
Calvcopf 4+4=8
Stgislander 3+5=8
Monello 2+4=6

Next Race , Sunday 10 March @ Phoenix ISM , 3:30 PM EST

Monello

PREMO Member
After I made my picks, I noticed that I selected the same drivers as OHG. But in a different order. And he had 1 in the correct slot, so good in him.

I can't wait for the first person that gets multiple bonus points. That will shake up the standings fast.

stgislander

PREMO Member
So, what did everyone think of the new rules package at Vegas? I know I didn't fall asleep during the race.

I was a little afraid of a repeat of last year when Harvick pulled out into the lead during the first stage. Fortunately nobody really seemed to have an edge, although those Penske Fords seem to be onto something.

calvcopf

The race wasn't bad, but wasn't good either. It is still early but I'm thinking I might not be a huge fan of the new package. It is like watching a race with the cars pulling a big parachute behind them.
I was surprised Truex/Pearn struggled so much when the other Gibbs cars had some speed. The Penske guys do seem to be fast everywhere so far this year.

homedepot20

After I made my picks, I noticed that I selected the same drivers as OHG. But in a different order. And he had 1 in the correct slot, so good in him.

I can't wait for the first person that gets multiple bonus points. That will shake up the standings fast.
Those bonus points HAVE shaken the standings ! I thought after my Hamlin WIN , I would keep the lead for a while , WRONG :doh:

homedepot20

The race wasn't bad, but wasn't good either. It is still early but I'm thinking I might not be a huge fan of the new package. It is like watching a race with the cars pulling a big parachute behind them.
I was surprised Truex/Pearn struggled so much when the other Gibbs cars had some speed. The Penske guys do seem to be fast everywhere so far this year.
Working during the races , I haven't really gotten the chance to really "ENJOY" the races ! It does seem that those FORDS know something no one else does .

stgislander

PREMO Member
NASCAR is getting what they wanted in that respect.

The lack of caution flags didn't give the teams time to work on their cars. I was pleased with the way the #20 car was running in the first stage. It seemed to have the ability to drive back into the top 10 when it got behind. Stages 2 and 3, not so much.

Monello

PREMO Member
So here's my NASCAR question. I look at the list of drivers for the race when they post them the day before. This helps me to not embarrass myself by picking a driver that isn't in the race. I notice the same people are always at the bottom of the qualifying. Is it the car that can't compete or is it the driver's lack of skill that keeps them at the back of the track?

I remember from the wide world of sports days when they would show a race. You always saw the lead drivers pass and lap some cars multiple times. I guess the only way some of those people will ever win is if there is a big wreck that takes out most of the leaders.