Laser Bore Sighting

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Has anyone ever bore sighted a rifle with one of the laser's? I picked one up a couple days ago and I was about to try it out and it's making me :confused:

It tells you to set up a target 25-30M and that should get you almost dead on at 100 yds. Is that right? :shrug: with a 5 meter variable right from the start then not to mention rifle type, bullet weight.

Can anyone point me to a chart for bullet trajectories?
I have a .308 using 168 grian BTHP ammo, at what distance should I bore sight that combo? Or is there a distance to do a 2 or 300 yard bore sight for zero?

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Has anyone ever bore sighted a rifle with one of the laser's? I picked one up a couple days ago and I was about to try it out and it's making me :confused:

It tells you to set up a target 25-30M and that should get you almost dead on at 100 yds. Is that right? :shrug: with a 5 meter variable right from the start then not to mention rifle type, bullet weight.

Can anyone point me to a chart for bullet trajectories?
I have a .308 using 168 grian BTHP ammo, at what distance should I bore sight that combo? Or is there a distance to do a 2 or 300 yard bore sight for zero?

Laser bore sights are mostly not needed.

But yeah that is right and it is because the trajectory of the projectile is leaving the barrel at a slightly pointed up angle so it is a slight arch to the target down range.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Yeah I just picked it up because I had a gift card. It also came with a scope leveler. I want to try to get my 308 sighted in sometime soon.... I've had the gun over a year and have only fired 11 shots through it.