Laser Tattoo Removal

H

HouseCat

Anybody had a tattoo removed via laser? Went to the Laser Surgery Center in DC (2 hrs away) and they wanted $450 a treatment/8 treatments. Sounds a bit high to me. I was expecting around $200. Wondering if I can find something around here that's cheaper. Looked on yellowbook.com and didn't find squat for laser centers in SoMD of course. Maybe Baltimore..

If you've heard of anything around this side of MD, let me know. Got a really old tattoo. It's at that point where it needs to get re-done, or taken off, and meh...I think I'll just get it removed instead.

molly_21

Can't help you with location, but from my understanding getting tattoo's removed cost's more then getting them done and it does take a few sessions to get them "removed."

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Can't help you with location, but from my understanding getting tattoo's removed cost's more then getting them done and it does take a few sessions to get them "removed."

:yeahthat: and ones with colors in them are harder to remove than just black. I think somewhere I heard pink was the worst.

H

HouseCat

Yep. Mine is just black. And yes, it is more painful than getting inked, but they give you shots for it.

KingMeh

Anybody had a tattoo removed via laser? Went to the Laser Surgery Center in DC (2 hrs away) and they wanted $450 a treatment/8 treatments. Sounds a bit high to me. I was expecting around $200. Wondering if I can find something around here that's cheaper. Looked on yellowbook.com and didn't find squat for laser centers in SoMD of course. Maybe Baltimore..

If you've heard of anything around this side of MD, let me know. Got a really old tattoo. It's at that point where it needs to get re-done, or taken off, and meh...I think I'll just get it removed instead.

I had mine done at the Blue Scarab tattoo shop, they have their own laser. They charged me $100 a session. I only had to have 4 done because I was getting it covered up, It could have taken up to 12 for complete removal. Not sure how big your tat is mine was a 3" diameter circle.

Sherlock

Casserhole!
You're better off just going to a tattoo artist and having them cover it with something else.

Getting your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife's name tattooed on you is always a bad idea :smack:

lovinmaryland

You're better off just going to a tattoo artist and having them cover it with something else.

Getting your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife's name tattooed on you is always a bad idea :smack:

:yeahthat:

My girlfriend went there to get one removed from the top of her wrist. It faded and turned a light light lavender. Total waste of money.

Try the Laser Center of Maryland, they are located on Ritchie Hwy in Severna Park. I have had 7 treatments there to remove of an old homemade tattoo. The first two visits were around $300 but the price decreased after each visit. I have about 2 more treatments to go and they will be around $150 each. I have been very happy with Dr. VanAntwerp and everyone there is really nice.

Tattoo Removal - Baltimore & Annapolis Cosmetic and Laser Surgery - Laser Center of Maryland

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
Well, I still don't want a tattoo. For some reason, I'm not that interested in tattoos.

Of course that is not a bad thing. But at least you know better than to go in half minded and then be upset 25 years down the road wishing you never had done it in the first place. Tattoo's are permenent. Life long decorations on your body. The technology is not quite perfect to remove them yet.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Of course that is not a bad thing. But at least you know better than to go in half minded and then be upset 25 years down the road wishing you never had done it in the first place. Tattoo's are permenent. Life long decorations on your body. The technology is not quite perfect to remove them yet.

:yay:

I remember when I was in high school that I wanted to get a small teddy bear tattoo on my lower tummy/pelvic area because everyone was having one, and I wanted to joined in my peers. However, my mother forbid me from having one done, so I never got one. I'm glad that I didn't get one because my c-section surgeries would've damaged it. A bright pink scar tissue bright red line across the teddy bear tattoo wouldn't be that pretty to look at. :lol:

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
:yay:

I remember when I was in high school that I wanted to get a small teddy bear tattoo on my lower tummy/pelvic area because everyone was having one, and I wanted to joined in my peers. However, my mother forbid me from having one done, so I never got one. I'm glad that I didn't get one because my c-section surgeries would've damaged it. A bright pink scar tissue bright red line across the teddy bear tattoo wouldn't be that pretty to look at. :lol:

Yeah I hear you! Did the same thing as a kid out of high school - always told people I would pass. 13 years later I finally decided I was ready and now have two and plan on getting another one in a few weeks. They are not for everybody and I was going to make sure I was good and ready and knew what I wanted before I went and got somethiing I would regreat when I got as old as I am now.

puggymom

Try the Laser Center of Maryland, they are located on Ritchie Hwy in Severna Park. I have had 7 treatments there to remove of an old homemade tattoo. The first two visits were around $300 but the price decreased after each visit. I have about 2 more treatments to go and they will be around $150 each. I have been very happy with Dr. VanAntwerp and everyone there is really nice.

Tattoo Removal - Baltimore & Annapolis Cosmetic and Laser Surgery - Laser Center of Maryland

Just about to add this guy too. I went here years ago for several treatments. I never finished as I moved away (have since moved back to MD) and it was just so faded and I was just too lazy to finish.
I do not remember what I paid but I was happy with the work.