Lasik and Floaters

PsyOps

Pixelated
I'm pretty sure this has been discussed in the past. I'm considering Lasik but have talked to a few folks that complained they suffer from floaters caused by Lasik. Some of the floaters are huge and actually block their vision.

Anyone, that has had Lasik, complain about the same thing? I would like to get more info on this before I jump into this.

TIA.

mizteresa1965

I've never had lasik, but I do have floaters. Have had them for years.

My Son in Law had Lasik last summer and he's doing great with it, no sides effects at all.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I'm pretty sure this has been discussed in the past. I'm considering Lasik but have talked to a few folks that complained they suffer from floaters caused by Lasik. Some of the floaters are huge and actually block their vision.

Anyone, that has had Lasik, complain about the same thing? I would like to get more info on this before I jump into this.

TIA.
I had lasik and have no clue what a "floater" is (other than a turd in a swimming pool).

tazzman

lasik

I had lasik in Feb 2007 and did not have floaters. the only problem (which is possible side effect) was halos at night. lasted about 3 months. I had mine done a TLC in Annapolis Dr Ragland

jsouthan

I had LASIK done about 9 years ago. I do have some halos at night, but being honest, will say that I did not have good night vision before the LASIK, so it is not any worse. The technology has gotten even better, so I would definitely do it again. Just make sure you have a good surgeon. I got mine done in Virginia by a guy who had done a lot of clinical trials because it was relatively new at the time. You want someone who has done many, many procedures. Good luck -- you will not regret it!

lisa8439

I had lasik about 8 years ago - I do have a bit of trouble with night vision/halos. Maybe a floater here or there but not constantly - and I don't know if they are assosicated with the surgery or just getting older, since I've just started noticing them within the last year.

I'd have that surgery again in a heartbeat - the difference it made for my vision and my quality of life was amazing! Just to be able to roll over at night and actually SEE the alarm clock without reaching for my glasses is awesome! No more messing with contacts in the morning, and my headaches decreased significantly since I wasn't straining to see whenever I didn't have my glasses/contacts on.

I'll admit that it does seem to decrease a bit over time - just like a natural side effect of getting older. My vision was 20/10 after the surgery and now it's 20/40 in one eye, 20/20 in the other. But in a few years I'd consider having lasik again to optimize. It's painless - just a bit freaky when you can't see for those few minutes immediately after. They had to give me a valium because I started flipping out thinking I was blind. :doh:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

TIA.

The answer is, no, it won't help your playing.

:lol:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
It's painless - just a bit freaky when you can't see for those few minutes immediately after. They had to give me a valium because I started flipping out thinking I was blind. :doh:
I sat right up and read him the time from the clock on the wall. No blindness at all. :shrug:

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
I sat right up and read him the time from the clock on the wall. No blindness at all. :shrug:

I think she means for those few seconds while your cornea is sliced back...

And I too had lasik done 5 years ago at Lasik Plus in Annapolis. Not one problem here and I would definitely do it again. And will when I need a touch up, since I paid for lifetime enhancements.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I had lasik in Feb 2007 and did not have floaters. the only problem (which is possible side effect) was halos at night. lasted about 3 months. I had mine done a TLC in Annapolis Dr Ragland

Same DR did mine a couple years ago and I still have Halo's at night and during the day..... The dang little red LED on a tv is a pain, it shoots red streaks. I used to have to drive with Sunglasses at night so I could see, now I'm used to it, it's no better but I'm used to it. They did not properly numb one of my eyes, I felt as it cut the first layer of my eye off. When I said something they said stay still don't move.

The day After you have to go back for a check up..... Everyoneelse that got theirs done the same time I did walked in no problem with the sunglasses they give you, I had to put a coat over my head because light burned even with those dark glasses. I was stuck inside for a while. I kept complaining of pain and burning, they were giving me different eye drops. After 10 months of complaining DR Ragland said lets get your eyes re-mapped/scanned at the laser ceter. When he got the results he said "I guess I have to believe you now" I went off. He left and they sent another dr in who tried to give me glasses, I told them to go F themselves. Then I went into the waiting room and everyone there heard the entire conversation about how TLC screwed up my eyes and did not believe me. Last time I went they wanted to redo the surgery, one eye at a time in case they screwed up again.