Laundry List From SB 281

I'm curious as to why anyone think the SCOTUS will kill this bill.

They already affirmed that states have the right to place limitations on our rights. They tried an injunction in NY after the challege to NY's "good reason" law and failed.

The only thing I can possibly think of would be nullification of be the PBJ part, because it's technically a ex post facto law.

Didn't they rule against D.C.s gun ban?

According to what is in the house version, my SKS is not banned. Only SKSs with detatchable magazines are banned.

Or folding stock or flash suppressor, etc. But if you already own them you are ok. Won't even be required to register which helps a lot in my case. I won't have to speed up my departure from MD. now.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Of course it isn't, but if he had more people in his district NOT wanting it to pass, but he did anyway, how would he be serving his constituants?

But, that's the entire point; He represents Md 16, not my district, not yours. He IS doing what his constituents want and, if not exactly 'want' then, certainly not much oppose.

Just because we showed up 100:1, 1,000:1, 10,000:1, that does not equate to a majority of Marylanders and, for damn sure, not a majority of Montgomery County or D16.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Pardon me for a little while..

I have to do some shopping..

Sig Sauer is going to get some of my money I think..

Pardon me for a little while..

I have to do some shopping..

Sig Sauer is going to get some of my money I think..

I have some Sigs that I bought years ago. Very nice guns.

Someone told me that they thought the quality of Sigs had gone done a lot in recent years. Anyone have thoughts on that?

Chris0nllyn

But, that's the entire point; He represents Md 16, not my district, not yours. He IS doing what his constituents want and, if not exactly 'want' then, certainly not much oppose.

Just because we showed up 100:1, 1,000:1, 10,000:1, that does not equate to a majority of Marylanders and, for damn sure, not a majority of Montgomery County or D16.

But if people in his district overwhelmingly voted NO, he would be doing a diservice by thinking there is some silent majority out there that wants this draconian bill passed.

Outside of Frosh, who has always been anti-gun, no matter what, there are plenty fo other reps who completely ignored, and even lied about their view on the matter.

This whole thing is a debacle, and a mockery to our judicial system.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
But if people in his district overwhelmingly voted NO, he would be doing a diservice by thinking there is some silent majority out there that wants this draconian bill passed.

Outside of Frosh, who has always been anti-gun, no matter what, there are plenty fo other reps who completely ignored, and even lied about their view on the matter.

This whole thing is a debacle, and a mockery to our judicial system.

If that is true then, everyone who vote for when their constituents don't want it WILL lose their next election and while I have no doubt it may cost a few of them their seats, it won't cost most of them BECAUSE their constituents are for it or, at least not against it enough to kick them out.

And this hasn't gone to our judiciary yet so, I assume you meant out representative system to which I again say, it's not a mockery. It's what most Marylander's support.

I mean, I hope like hell this stops, that the Senate rejects it but, no matter how strongly the minority feels about it, we are still the minority.

:shrug:

Midnightrider

Someone told me that they thought the quality of Sigs had gone done a lot in recent years. Anyone have thoughts on that?

still pretty good quality. I think they are offering a few lower end options, but even those are still pretty solid. The last few i have shot were great guns.
The wife purchased one just the other day. I was impressed by the fit of the parts, but we will have to wait a couple months to get to shoot it.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

SIGs are synonymmous with $$$$$

They've come out with a few models that are not built as well, and with not as good a material for "plinkers". More than robust enough for "normal" shooters, but not military grade, or won't last long in the hands of somebody that puts 1000 rounds a week down the barrel.

Lot of people complained about price, so they make a cheaper AR-15 clone, and they complain about quality of the build.. some people just don't get the "you get what you pay for"..

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Depends on what you heard and when. They went to stamped parts some 10-15 years ago or so, IIRC, for the US market, shaving some costs and that lead to folks 'in the know' seeking only models made in Germany. IIRC, at the time I was looking, it was $700 v. $1,000

The stamped ones I've handled and fired work fine, good fit and finish. Unless we're talking about something else, they're still good guns, just not so much for a lefty because the de-cocker is awkward to manipulate.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
still pretty good quality. I think they are offering a few lower end options, but even those are still pretty solid. The last few i have shot were great guns.
The wife purchased one just the other day. I was impressed by the fit of the parts, but we will have to wait a couple months to get to shoot it.

I'd love to have a SIG collection.. both pistol and long gun.. but who has the $$$ for that.. And only want to piss off BG a little at a time.

That being said, I'm not to up to speed on local dealers, and I don't see anyway to query local inventory.

Looking for an RM400 Enhanced.. Anybody?

I can find them online and have them shipped in, but would rather a local dealer serperate me from my money.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Depends on what you heard and when. They went to stamped parts some 10-15 years ago or so, IIRC, for the US market, shaving some costs and that lead to folks 'in the know' seeking only models made in Germany. IIRC, at the time I was looking, it was $700 v. $1,000

The stamped ones I've handled and fired work fine, good fit and finish. Unless we're talking about something else, they're still good guns, just not so much for a lefty because the de-cocker is awkward to manipulate.

:lmao:He said "De-cocker"!!:lmao:

Wait, what??

Which AR clone comes with a de-cocker?? :evil:

Midnightrider

I'd love to have a SIG collection.. both pistol and long gun.. but who has the $$$ for that.. And only want to piss off BG a little at a time.

That being said, I'm not to up to speed on local dealers, and I don't see anyway to query local inventory.

Looking for an RM400 Enhanced.. Anybody?

I can find them online and have them shipped in, but would rather a local dealer serperate me from my money.

i was at a shop last week when one of those came in UPS. It didn't last the afternoon......

The fit of the parts - the precision - is part of what I like about mine. And I like the SA crispness of the trigger. It doesn't compare to the SAO trigger of a good 1911, but as DA/SA triggers go it's pretty good.

Midnightrider

The fit of the parts - the precision - is part of what I like about mine. And I like the SA crispness of the trigger. It doesn't compare to the SAO trigger of a good 1911, but as DA/SA triggers go it's pretty good.

The wifes is a DAO and i would have never guess it. Its a long pull, but smooth and feels like one action. She really likes that there was no safety, decoker or other superfulous stuff on it so she has less to worry about when the time comes to use it.