Laundry specifically - Washers & dryers

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
I'm planning on going to get my 'dream' machines today.

I currently have whirlpool 'accusensor' models. Top Load washer. Their only 5 years old but I have wanted front load washer and dryer for years. (couldn't afford the luxury of them when we built the house 5 years ago). (my current ones will be listed in the classifieds soon)

I think I have done my homework (research) on brands etc. And have already made up my mind which model/brand (whirlpool duet) I am getting. But I am still curious on others opinions/experiences likes/dislikes etc.

Care to share????

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
CrabbyClark said:
Tax free purchase with a front loader!

Maryland repealed the Energy Star tax exemption at the end of 2003.

PS. Maytag Neptune's for me...

Last edited:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
RoseRed said:
:yeahthat:

I have the Sears He3T Washer and H4 Dryer. I did extensive research. The Neptune looked good but the class action law suit bothered me. The Neptune also comes in a few models, which they don't clearly advertise. Lots of places sell cheaper versions and you think you're getting a Neptune, which it is, but it's a smaller/cheaper version. I also looked at the Whirlpool Duet but had some concerns with those. You need to compare tube size, spin speeds, water temperature (whether the machine heats its own water), etc. I am really, really happy with my washer and dryer.

Cletus_Vandam

We bought Frigidaire’s front loading washer and dryer about two years ago and have had no problems with them.

The only problem is the swing of the door on the washer. It swings to the left and the washer is on the right side of the dryer, so clothes coming out the washer and into the dryer have to go around the open washer door. Not a BIG problem, but I would have liked for the door to be reversible so it could swing out of the way....

As for the front loading type washers, we went that route because of the possible water savings that they claim. We didn't want any additional water going to the septic system then was absolutely necessary.

PJay

Suz' said:
I'm planning on going to get my 'dream' machines today.

I currently have whirlpool 'accusensor' models. Top Load washer. Their only 5 years old but I have wanted front load washer and dryer for years. (couldn't afford the luxury of them when we built the house 5 years ago). (my current ones will be listed in the classifieds soon)

I think I have done my homework (research) on brands etc. And have already made up my mind which model/brand (whirlpool duet) I am getting. But I am still curious on others opinions/experiences likes/dislikes etc.

Care to share????

How do you like so far?

Recently I've sold an old home and moving into new. Making enough money to afford these babies, can't wait to give them a spin. I also want the petalstools they sit upon.

Did you get a two year supply of laundry soap when purchasing your machines? I'm told I will.

Last edited:

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Homesick said:
How do you like so far?

Recently I've sold an old home and moving into new. Making enough money to afford these babies, can't wait to give them a spin. I also want the petalstools they sit upon.

Did you get a two year supply of laundry soap when purchasing your machines? I'm told I will.
I saw on their website about the laundry soap deal-so you should get it. I would get the pedestals too.

But no-I haven't gotten them yet. Other needs came into play. (training for 2 dogs) But I will be getting them some day.

PJay

Suz' said:
But no-I haven't gotten them yet. Other needs came into play. (training for 2 dogs) But I will be getting them some day.

Understand other needs coming into play, been there.

Hope you'll be able to get real soon!