Law-enforcement are really active this morning!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I must admit... I was incorrect in my previous statement. There are, in fact, 2 yield signs there now. :yay:

I stand corrected!
Glad you checked for yourself and yes, there are a pair - one on each side of the road as they normally are when there is an island. Glad you can admit when you are w-w-w-w-rong. :lol:

stgislander

PREMO Member
This is untrue as there is a yield sign there and has been there for quite some time. Most people ignore it because their head is swiveled to look at traffic coming down 235 or just flat out ignore it. I saw it last Thursday and again on Sunday.

This is a screenshot I just took from Google Maps and I circled it in yellow so you can't miss it this time. :)

View attachment 143053
You're gonna hear about it now.

Dang... he beat me to it.

BernieP

Resident PIA
That sign has been there FOREVER!
I think people choose to ignore it and consider it a "merge". I've seen all sizes and shapes of vehicles just fly around that corner into the "merge" lane. Which is in fact marked RIGHT TURN ONLY, or MUST TURN RIGHT. Anyone trying to get off 235, into WaWa has to be really careful they don't get wacked in the arse

BernieP

Resident PIA
If I may ...

(1) Do you really think people don't think about their own personal safety while they are driving?

(2) Do you really think that most people do not care about having their car crushed, or dented? The majority of the driving population drive in a 'hive like' mode. Whereas, after years of driving experience, are conformable, and able, to, in an amazingly sub-conscious state, navigate the roadways, while at the same time, doing whatever is necessary, (slam on the brakes, quick lane changes, etc.), to protect themselves, and their vehicles, from damage. Your statement just doesn't hold water.

(3) Even with the 100% absence of, "law enforcement", the internal self-preservation of individuals would preclude your dire prediction.

1. Actually I believe there are those who either don't think or think their safety is somebody else's responsibility. Fortunately for them, the majority fall under items 2 and 3.

The problems occur when two fools who don't adhere to #1 meet on the road, then rules 2 and 3 kick in, and you see who cares more.

I don't necessarily agree with "hive" mentality, or locking onto the break lights of the vehicle in front of you. But people who think "brake checking" is a cool way to annoy the person behind you are priming the pump for a problem. You don't want to desensitize the person behind you to those red lights less then think its just one more brake riding fool in front of them. BTW, that's something I think happens and is freaking annoying.
How does one accelerate a vehicle with the brakes on? Answer, they have their left foot on the brake pedal, just maybe resting it there.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I think people choose to ignore it and consider it a "merge". I've seen all sizes and shapes of vehicles just fly around that corner into the "merge" lane. Which is in fact marked RIGHT TURN ONLY, or MUST TURN RIGHT. Anyone trying to get off 235, into WaWa has to be really careful they don't get wacked in the arse
I agree. I have also been honked at because I did yield and not just pull out willy-nilly and almost cause an accident for those trying to get in the turn lane for WaWa.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I agree. I have also been honked at because I did yield and not just pull out willy-nilly and almost cause an accident for those trying to get in the turn lane for WaWa.
I had a Naval Officer get out of his pickup and come up to my window to scream at me because I wouldn't just pull out at First Colony.
I'm not going to race down the turn lane if I don't see a place to merge into the traffic.
Of course I showed him the respect he deserved - I gave him my middle finger salute and told him to go enjoy sexual relations with himself.
He's the type that would have driven down to Walmart in the right turn lane, passing vehicles until he had to pull onto the road.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

1. Actually I believe there are those who either don't think or think their safety is somebody else's responsibility. Fortunately for them, the majority fall under items 2 and 3.

The problems occur when two fools who don't adhere to #1 meet on the road, then rules 2 and 3 kick in, and you see who cares more.

I don't necessarily agree with "hive" mentality, or locking onto the break lights of the vehicle in front of you. But people who think "brake checking" is a cool way to annoy the person behind you are priming the pump for a problem. You don't want to desensitize the person behind you to those red lights less then think its just one more brake riding fool in front of them. BTW, that's something I think happens and is freaking annoying.
How does one accelerate a vehicle with the brakes on? Answer, they have their left foot on the brake pedal, just maybe resting it there.
I agree. But maybe my use of the "hive mind" analogy should be more along the lines of; a unique consciousness where all drivers, at anyone time, say, on the beltway, are inputting everything seen in somewhat of a subconscious state, changing lanes, slowing down and speeding up, keeping pace, looking for their exit, while safely getting to their destinations, all the while taking into account that all other, 'normal' drivers are doing the exact same thing, and with that knowledge, can somewhat subconsciously anticipate what other driver might do and react to what they see. That's what makes driving an interesting compendium. Except for the asshats that just cant seem to 'go with the flow' and to save 3 minutes zig-zag and fly past the normal drivers.

PeoplesElbow

I had a Naval Officer get out of his pickup and come up to my window to scream at me because I wouldn't just pull out at First Colony.
I'm not going to race down the turn lane if I don't see a place to merge into the traffic.
Of course I showed him the respect he deserved - I gave him my middle finger salute and told him to go enjoy sexual relations with himself.
He's the type that would have driven down to Walmart in the right turn lane, passing vehicles until he had to pull onto the road.
Times like that you just hope it's an admiral in the car they are pissed off at.