Lawn Equipment Repair

OldHillcrestGuy

Anyone know of a decent place for repair of a gas blower in Northern St. Marys or Charles? Had a really great place in Aquasco, but he closed up and moved away. Have gone by Baldwins recently and it looked like he was closed up too. Im not going to put alot into it, its a Sears brand and only 2 years old and cost maybe $120. Was getting difficult to start, so put new spark plug in now it wont start at all. Im thinking of replacing it with a backpack style one. I had Marlboro Mowers tell me to do myself a favor and get rid of it, and get a Echo,Stihl, or Husqvarna. Any opinions on any of these brands. Thanks

OldHillcrestGuy

Is he in the Loveville area? There is another place up in the Ryceville area, that I think is Amish that sells yard equipment also.

OldHillcrestGuy

Okay I know where he is, I was on Frendship School Rd. today went to Green Acres got myself some lawn furniture, a wood glider. Thanks

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Milts has Stihl and so does Gardiner over in Faulkner...Guy Bros in Clements has Echo....I have 2 Echo string trimmers and love them....Stihl is a very good product though....I just happen to like the Echo...

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
OldHillcrestGuy said:
Was getting difficult to start, so put new spark plug in now it wont start at all. Im thinking of replacing it with a backpack style one. I had Marlboro Mowers tell me to do myself a favor and get rid of it, and get a Echo,Stihl, or Husqvarna. Any opinions on any of these brands. Thanks
Whadda ya going to do with the broke one? :whistle:

bcp

In My Opinion
I used the sears type stuff for awhile and had about the same luck with them.

I bought an Echo backpack blower (around $300.00) and its going on its third year of heavy usage and still starts on the first or second pull.

at the start of this season I had to purchase a new chainsaw, so I figured that I would try the Echo 440 based on the luck I have had with the blower, so far it is performing every bit as well as my Stihl.

For the 120 bucks that yours cost new, and the cost of repair, I might just think about giving that old one away to someone that could use it and upgrading yourself to the Echo backpack. You wont believe the power it has and maintains through its life.

Im not sure how much you use your equipment, but I can honestly say that my blower has over almost constant use through the summer.

I give Echo a big thumbs up on quality for the price.