lawn mower repair by the Amish

mudpuddle

Does anyone know of a place where they repair lawn mowers by the Amish in the Mechanicsville area or close to it?
If not, can someone recommend places in the Charlotte Hall/ Mechanicsville area who can fix lawn mowers? It is the engine...

thanks all!!!!

nutz

Does anyone know of a place where they repair lawn mowers by the Amish in the Mechanicsville area or close to it?
If not, can someone recommend places in the Charlotte Hall/ Mechanicsville area who can fix lawn mowers? It is the engine...

thanks all!!!!

Backwood's
13450 Ryceville Rd.
Mechanicsville

FED_UP

thanks all!!!!

Thought mines was bad once, turned out I just needed to order a new carb.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Dave's in Loveville behind the Post Office does great work. Worth the trip just to look around. Amazing.

They are very helpful there and go above and beyond: I stopped in one day while driving my company vehicle looking for a gas tank shutoff valve for a Chinese generator, left empty handed but received a call from my office saying someone called and said they may have the valve I was looking for. Went back to Dave's later that day and he thought the one from a Kohler gas powered pump may be right and asked for the broken one I had, handed to him and he unscrewed the one from the new pump and handed to me and said he would order a new one for the pump, costed me $6 .... They went out of their way to go up to the post office to call because they remembered seeing the number on the side of my vehicle.. Customer for life right here

nutz

They are very helpful there and go above and beyond: I stopped in one day while driving my company vehicle looking for a gas tank shutoff valve for a Chinese generator, left empty handed but received a call from my office saying someone called and said they may have the valve I was looking for. Went back to Dave's later that day and he thought the one from a Kohler gas powered pump may be right and asked for the broken one I had, handed to him and he unscrewed the one from the new pump and handed to me and said he would order a new one for the pump, costed me $6 .... They went out of their way to go up to the post office to call because they remembered seeing the number on the side of my vehicle.. Customer for life right here

:yay: That would've done it for me too.

pelers

Reading comprehension is not my friend today. Was completely confused why you would want Amish to repair your lawn mower. :doh:

Need more coffee.

mudpuddle

Reading comprehension is not my friend today. Was completely confused why you would want Amish to repair your lawn mower. :doh:

Need more coffee.

a few years ago, hubby and I went to a place in Mechanicsville (I think) and went to a little place where they had Amish workers who fixed motors on everything...can't remember the name of the place though...they did an excellent job!
(they could have been Mennonites--I'm not sure...but they definitely looked Amish!)

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
a few years ago, hubby and I went to a place in Mechanicsville (I think) and went to a little place where they had Amish workers who fixed motors on everything...can't remember the name of the place though...they did an excellent job!
(they could have been Mennonites--I'm not sure...but they definitely looked Amish!)

That's probably Wengers in Loveville.