Lawn Tractor

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
As others have said yes there is a difference. The advantage of buying a Deere from Carroll’s is the ease of getting parts. They will have the part you need for your mower in stock 97% of the time and no guessing if the part will fit your model.

If you can wait till spring, you can pick up a great used machine from Carroll’s. The non-profits trade in their one year old machines on new. These year olds have low hours and will save you lots of money. I have done this many times over the years and have been very pleased.
Thank You, great idea.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Bought my diesel JD from Carroll's new in '96. I doubt I'll ever wear that thing out. I mow about 2.5 acres.

nutz

I need a new lawn tractor.
42" deck, with a high hp.
I currently have a 16 yr. old Craftsman LT 2000.
Is there really a difference between a John Deere at Lowes compared to Carroll's?
Do yourself a favor and go ask for a demo on a zero turn ( I prefer Ferris ). You will get a nicer cut in less time.

StroggCore

Kubota?
Husqvarna?

Husqvarna is good. I use it in order to work with my lawn. Specifically, it's Husqvarna YTA18542. I bought this tractor after a very long search. One of my friends said, that I can find best garden tractor on the internet and showed one online shop to me. Well, I don't regret that I trusted him. Whole story happened two years ago and my tractor looks like if it was brand new. And it works as effectively as it was in the first month.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
I bought my JD 790 from JD in PF, Morris was very easy to deal with.
The more grease fittings on a rider mower the better quality mower it is.
I would buy from Carrols, They do have a great paarts dept that includes drop off barns for you to pickup your parts depending on where you live.
I was at the north end of the county and there is a barn in New Market on rt5 just south of rt6.
My kid will tell you Carrols has an awesome Ertle toy section.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
If you can wait till spring, you can pick up a great used machine from Carroll’s. The non-profits trade in their one year old machines on new. These year olds have low hours and will save you lots of money. I have done this many times over the years and have been very pleased.
My new ride (used) for me.
Called Rick at Carroll's and they had a X300 they were selling for the owner.
250hrs
42" Deck
$1500
DOM: 081610
Does that mean manufactured date as Aug. 10, 2016?

Thank You TPD for the advice.

TPD

the poor dad

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Hopefully it is a step up on the cutting, from my 2003 Craftsman LT2000.
Congratulations on the new tractor! What engine does it have?

Do you know the make the engine on your old mower? I have a customer that has an older LT2000 that had HD hardware, 12ga deck, and a Honda OHC 2 cylinder. He's one of the few customers that I gave my card to when I left Ace. I told him that I want it when he decides to upgrade. It's the smoothest running mower I've ever come across.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Congratulations on the new tractor! What engine does it have?

Do you know the make the engine on your old mower? I have a customer that has an older LT2000 that had HD hardware, 12ga deck, and a Honda OHC 2 cylinder. He's one of the few customers that I gave my card to when I left Ace. I told him that I want it when he decides to upgrade. It's the smoothest running mower I've ever come across.
John Deere has a Kawasaski V-Twin 17HP

Craftsman has a Kohler Pro 17.7 OVH, HD 12 Gauge deck.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
My new ride (used) for me.
Called Rick at Carroll's and they had a X300 they were selling for the owner.
From Carroll's Equipment FB page:

Carroll’s Equipment would like to thank our customers for their patronage over the past 88 years. July 22, 2020 will be our last day as a John Deere dealer. We will be temporarily closing our doors to return remaining inventory to Deere. It is our intention to reorganize and come back as a service only organization and continue to provide support to our loyal customers. We will continue to carry STIHL products and parts, and hope to expand into another line of equipment in the future. It has been our pleasure to work with you, your family and the community for over half a century. We will be having a sale July 5-22 on all remaining in stock John Deere inventory.