Lawyer for Horse

moose1

Help!!!Anyone know of a good lawyer I need to get my horse. The people that have him won't give him to me and the police said I need a lawyer

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Was he on free lease? Do you owe back board..? I have delt with these things do splain yourself...

moose1

available in exchange for board - no back board owed...have b.o.s. and all they have is a he said she said...

moose1

tried to do that the nice way and even had bill of sale - they threw a fit had no proof - now I need a lawyer to prove he is mine.

moose1

just need a lawyer now - not answering anymore questions - they aren't feeding him the correct amount - i need to get him NOW

dave1959

So...You say you have a bill of sale and dont owe anything...right ???
And they still wont give you your horse ... right ?
And po po wont help.. right ??

You're leaving something out... Noiw come clean and explain..

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
tried to do that the nice way and even had bill of sale - they threw a fit had no proof - now I need a lawyer to prove he is mine.

Actually..only a judge can make that determination but it may help to have a lawyer to get it done. Figure at least a thousand bucks in fees though.

If you attempt to remove your horse and are directly interfered with, hte police can/will intervene when called to the scene if your proof of ownership is clearly valid.

How did you horse end up in the first place at the location where you are trying to take it from? You took it there..you can take it away, absent any liens or other paperwork from that indicates contrarily.

moose1

nothing left out - its a civil matter and the police said they won't touch it - they said to file and or get a lawyer.nuff said.

dave1959

Actually..only a judge can make that determination but it may help to have a lawyer to get it done. Figure at least a thousand bucks in fees though.

If you attempt to remove your horse and are directly interfered with, hte police can/will intervene when called to the scene if your proof of ownership is clearly valid. How did you horse end up in the first place at the location where you are trying to take it from? You took it there..you can take it away, absent any liens or other paperwork from that indicates contrarily.

My point exactly...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
just need a lawyer now - not answering anymore questions - they aren't feeding him the correct amount - i need to get him NOW

Ohter than sending a letter, there is probably nothing a lawyer can do for you "NOW". Having disputed ownership resolved by the courts will take a couple of months easy..unless your lawyer decides that somehow the situation is so time critial that he/she attempts to obtain a court order directly.

moose1

so how do I go get him? the police said i had to leave him there until the court decides??? I would have no problem going over today and picking him up.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
so how do I go get him? the police said i had to leave him there until the court decides??? I would have no problem going over today and picking him up.

What the heck 'police' are you talking to?? That is not the kind of advice police are at liberty to give out nor does it even make sense, if for no other reason than you do NOT need a lawyer to file a claim in court..or for anything else. A good idea in most cases..but not necessary and any trained law officer would certainly know that.

If you have a clean and valid Bill of Sale and those holding your animal have nothing on paper at all (not even so much as an unpaid invoice for a vet visit or something) then you just go attempt to retrieve you property and if you are interfered with..you call the police.

I've seen exactly that done at least three different times..it was vehicles and not a horse but is was still 'property' being lawfully recovered from someone elses possession.