Lawyer for Horse

bcp

In My Opinion
Just get a friend to register for lessons.
once they get on your horse, just have them keep riding right to your trailer.

bcp

In My Opinion
oh, as soon as you get him back, dont forget to sneak up behind him and put the branding iron to his testicals.

moose1

problem is I can't pay any of our friends to take lessons there :). this would be the calvert co. police - so I could put in writing an authorization for a friend to go and pick him up and they can't do anything - and be sure to include a copy of the bill of sale - becuase they have verbally given me a no trespassing

DQ2B

so how do I go get him? the police said i had to leave him there until the court decides??? I would have no problem going over today and picking him up.

What is stopping you from doing just that? Let them call the police if they want while you're doing this. Just make sure you have all your ducks in a row before you proceed. The police said you had to leave him but they also said they won't get involved? Well, which is it? Sounds like they are involved if they told youyou had to leave him.

moose1

your guess is as good as mine - i trusted the police enough to call them the first time and have them there to load - i thought they were going to help me and instead they have screwed me. no pun intended. I am just concerned about my horse.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
problem is I can't pay any of our friends to take lessons there :). this would be the calvert co. police - so I could put in writing an authorization for a friend to go and pick him up and they can't do anything - and be sure to include a copy of the bill of sale - becuase they have verbally given me a no trespassing

There is definitely more to this whole story. And I'm not sure the "send the friend" idea is a workable one..

File a complaint with the police for stolen property. If you can prove to the police it's your horse, you should be able to walk away with it, even if a friend has to do the actual recovery because of the 'no trespass'.

DQ2B

your guess is as good as mine - i trusted the police enough to call them the first time and have them there to load - i thought they were going to help me and instead they have screwed me. no pun intended. I am just concerned about my horse.

Just go get him.

You said they weren't feeding him properly which would indicate you are not responsible for his feed... if they are boarding, grooming, feeding, etc. the horse seems logical to me they are holding him for pay owed... I recommend Judge Judy because I'd like to see this case.

moose1

I appreciate the advice, honestly I just hoped someone would know a lawyer they would recommend. I am not in the mood for jokes and such - there is no more to the story - and for grooming - didn't happen on their end.

bcp

In My Opinion
If they are not grooming, or feeding properly, I would turn them in for neglect or abuse.

If they are not grooming, or feeding properly, I would turn them in for neglect or abuse.
:yeahthat: You'd still need to get a lawyer and go to court to get him back, but most certainly documenting neglect would be beneficial to your case. Do you have proof it was them responsible for his feed and grooming and not you? At least until they put a no trespass on you... now it most definately is their responsibliity.

moose1

absolutely nothing more to the story - they just don't want me to come back and take him when they are not home. That's alright, I will not stop until I go and pick him up - they can't feed and care for the ones they have now - I knew it was too good to be true when we moved there - always wondered why for such inexpensive board they only had one other boarder...day late and $ short

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
A friend and I sold a horse to a lady on payments years ago in calvert...she did not pay we went to get the horse and we did not see it there so I asked the chick where the horse was she said we sold it...I said well you did not pay us for it..so I told her well we will just take that one over there she busted out crying and said thats my horse..sorry bout your luck I headed toward the horse..bottom line they called the manager of the RC stables and he came ...saw me and laughed and said you better give S.....a horse or her money....lol so I then put the girl in my truck took her to an ATM and waited while she "tried to figure out her pin" lol she figured it out and payed us...we left...

another time we went to NC at night...went in their fence and left with the 2 horses..

anytime cops were involved and courts they were ordered to pay but that was 10 yrs ago still have a judgement..no payment and no horse...

I say sit back wait till no one is there go get your horse..take bolt cutters as he is probably locked in now....

ps is the farm easily accessable? Do you have reg papers in your name to prove he is yours? boarding contract? Bill of sale?? Anything..??

Cowgirl

I say sit back wait till no one is there go get your horse..take bolt cutters as he is probably locked in now....
ps is the farm easily accessable? Do you have reg papers in your name to prove he is yours? boarding contract? Bill of sale?? Anything..??

That's probably the fastest way to get the horse back, if he's still there. I followed a thread on another forum about something similar. Girl free-leased her horse to a relative. He wouldn't give it back, and ended up selling the horse. She had a lawyer and went through the courts. It took almost a whole year to get the horse back.