Lawyer for Horse

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
All I have to say is...contracts contract contracts...lol I just free leased one with NO contract lol to a friend she just brought her back to me for the winter lol she looks great and just had her feet done..:buddies:

PrepH4U

just need a lawyer now - not answering anymore questions - they aren't feeding him the correct amount - i need to get him NOW

How often did you visit the horse?
Why NOW did you just notice that they were not feeding him the correct amount?
How long have they not had students for lessons?
W/O students that should have raised a red flag on your part, that your horse is no longer working off his "free" board.

R

retiredweaxman

How about the basic...why buy a horse if you don't have the land/facilities to house it and care for it? That would be like buying a tv and having to go to a friend's house to watch it because you don't have cable....or buying an SUV and parking it in a garage across town and letting the "soccer mom" drive it to take her kids to games.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
How about the basic...why buy a horse if you don't have the land/facilities to house it and care for it? That would be like buying a tv and having to go to a friend's house to watch it because you don't have cable....or buying an SUV and parking it in a garage across town and letting the "soccer mom" drive it to take her kids to games.

In all fairness here, MOST horse owners board their animals. Boarding (and training) horses is sort of a 'family' business, I could say, since my mom used to do it 'on the side' when they still had the big farm and for my sister's in-laws, boarding and training is their entire family business.

Pete

Repete
Couldn't the horse have a lawyer appointed for him by the court? I mean it is a horse, I doubt he has much in the form of assets..

PrepH4U

I just looked back at your old posts, you were looking for reasonable boarding just back in June 2011 (I think). Wouldn't it just be easier to come to an agreement with the boarding farm to pay them for the three months he has been there ( I know not really fair) vs hiring a lawyer. :shrug:

Last edited:

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
Its your horse. Just show up in the middle of the night and ride the horse outa there. Problem solved.

sm8

If it were county police that refused to get involved I would call the State police and file a complaint that they are with holding your property and they would help you retrieve the horse.

bohman

I see your point, but a lot of expensive recreational stuff can be done on a rental-type basis. I own a boat, even though I don't make the kind of money required to own waterfront property. I just pay a slip fee and keep it at somebody else's waterfront property. :shrug:

That said, something seems really off about this story. Hard to imagine that somebody would have the nerve to say, "nope, it's my horse now, go away" But then again, some people have a lot of nerve. I hope we get to see the end of the story here!

fredsaid2

No lawyer recommendation other than the yellow pages. One question though, if you pick up your horse do you have a place ready to take him to?

bcp

In My Opinion
No lawyer recommendation other than the yellow pages. One question though, if you pick up your horse do you have a place ready to take him to?

Maybe she plans on going to Montana soon, to raise her up a crop of Dental floss.. just her and her pigmy pony

moose1

we actually have 2 ponies and have been there a year. In June I was looking for new place and we have found one - reason for the move. I paid board for one and was letting them use the other one for lessons and trails..problem is yes he's mine and would love to go get him - but they verbally gave me no trespassing. So how do I go and get him?? I have contacted a lawyer but I really don't want to wait a year :(

fredsaid2

Have them put in writing their reasons for not releasing the horse. Then you have something concrete to work from, for example, expenses they want reimbursement for. You should gather any documents you have too. If you both lay out your cases you can probably come to a resolution. In other words, take the emotion out of it, stick to the facts. Good luck!

HoosierDaddy

In a flyover state
For a minute there, I thought Clem had started lowering his sights by filing suit against opponents who don't talk back.

moose1

I just looked back at your old posts, you were looking for reasonable boarding just back in June 2011 (I think). Wouldn't it just be easier to come to an agreement with the boarding farm to pay them for the three months he has been there ( I know not really fair) vs hiring a lawyer. :shrug:

Yes we looked back in June and have found a place where I can do board for both, he has been there almost a year and has been used for lessons and shows till mid August. They aren't asking for money - they are just saying he's theirs.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Let's take a second and get in their head moose. If someone was to ask these people WHY they feel they owned the horse...what's your best guess their answer would be. Right or wrong.

nomoney

Yes we looked back in June and have found a place where I can do board for both, he has been there almost a year and has been used for lessons and shows till mid August. They aren't asking for money - they are just saying he's theirs.

did you have anything in writing from them? Any sort of contracts, etc?

Last edited: