Lawyer for Horse

problem is I can't pay any of our friends to take lessons there :). this would be the calvert co. police - so I could put in writing an authorization for a friend to go and pick him up and they can't do anything - and be sure to include a copy of the bill of sale - becuase they have verbally given me a no trespassing

If you really have a valid BOS and everything else you say is legit, go to the State Police and file a complaint for theft. Screw the civil matter; make it a criminal matter and see if that works. Better be sure you have all your ducks in a row.

moose1

I do have a bill of sale and all I can say is somewhere there had to be a miscommunication or misunderstanding. Talked to State Police and they are saying that it's a civil matter and that court and/or lawyer will be the way to go. The State police will only get involved if they actually stole him (maybe that means if they move him?). I'm getting a little frustrated with the run around and being passed to different people. If I knew I wouldn't get shot at I'd just go over and load him up. It's very disturbing to know that their word trumps my bill of sale (an actual document).

smurfgirl

Have you tried the Calvery county police? If they are no help. Take some mean looking friends with you and go get your horse.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I do have a bill of sale and all I can say is somewhere there had to be a miscommunication or misunderstanding. Talked to State Police and they are saying that it's a civil matter and that court and/or lawyer will be the way to go. The State police will only get involved if they actually stole him (maybe that means if they move him?). I'm getting a little frustrated with the run around and being passed to different people. If I knew I wouldn't get shot at I'd just go over and load him up. It's very disturbing to know that their word trumps my bill of sale (an actual document).

I dont think its their word but you ever hear "possesion is 9/10ths of the law" lol thats where you stand...I would go there with a trailer...go to get him when they start shiat then you call the cops..tell them you are there to get your horse and show them the bill of sale..do they have anything with their name on it? coggins? vet bill? farrier bill? etc...

PrepH4U

I dont think its their word but you ever hear "possesion is 9/10ths of the law" lol thats where you stand...I would go there with a trailer...go to get him when they start shiat then you call the cops..tell them you are there to get your horse and show them the bill of sale..do they have anything with their name on it? coggins? vet bill? farrier bill? etc...

:yeahthat: Besides it is only a "verbal" do not tresspass, it's not like it has been officially served. I am sorry I didn't hear that you said that. I am just here to load up my horses.

Cowgirl

:yeahthat: Besides it is only a "verbal" do not tresspass, it's not like it has been officially served. I am sorry I didn't hear that you said that. I am just here to load up my horses.

:yeahthat: And what are they going to do, call the cops? Tell them to go ahead and call them, you're just there to get your horse!

Sweet 16

^^8^^

If you can prove legal ownership via a VALID Bill of Sale with no conditions such as any amounts owed by you or any other type of "lien", and they are refusing to give you back your legally-owned horse, then yes, they actually stole him. So, call the cops and tell them you know where your stolen property is and you want it back. If what you say above is true, they should be able to assist you in recovering your stolen property. Good luck!

The Dude

You mean coitus?
So who's giving the verbal no trespass warning? If it's the property owner, then just go there when they are not home and take the horse. If it's the police....do the same thing. If no one is home, no one can call the police.

Just take the damn thing....get some friends and go take it when they are not home. End of story.

RPMDAD

JMHO in the old days, i thought they hung rustlers, but i am not a horse type person . Just saying

RPMDAD

But she would not be a rustler if it is her own horses being held hostage. :shrug:
\Prep I was trying to say if you have the Bill of sale and the person who has the horse doesn't have a bill of sale of any kind and can't prove a legal lien against said animal. Of course all of this is just MHO and based on old John Wayne movies. And i personally am not a horse lawyer or any way shape or form any kind of lawyer related to aliens, humans or earth animals in any way shape or form. I think i might have seen a western movie before maybe.. But i also could be delusional... Burro Blanket

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Pony has been recovered! Thanks so much for all the advice!!!

did you just go and get him? and did you tell them to pound sand when they still claimed the horse was not yours :popcorn:

:yay:... glad the horse is home and safe