Layered Hairstyles

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Depends...

The first cut is :nono: for that woman's face. She has beautiful eyes/features but the style is too flat on top and makes her face look big for her hair. :lol: IMO she'd look better with bangs (hide that huge forehead) and an even length bob.

But don't listen to me. I hardly ever get a haircut. I'd rather go to the dentist because as least you know what you're getting before you leave. :lmao:

Macicka

Layered styles are great, but in my humble opinion long layers work better on more people than the layers in those pictures. Shorter layers like those only tend to work if you have a relatively slim, oval face with very proportionate features and hair that will stay straight through all weather. Longer layers are softer looking, much easier to maintain and look better on a lot of different people and hair types.

Three words of caution though:
1.) once you have layers you're stuck with them until you can grow them out which can be a HUGE pain
2.) Don't go to some random stylist to have these things done. Make sure she has a trusted stylist or have her ask someone who has really nice, similar hair where she goes. Personally I've given up on stylists around here. I'm sure some of them do a great job, but after a few bad hair cuts I got sick of trial and error and now go to a guy at Bubbles in Annapolis. I love them up there because they send their senior stylists to workshops in NY and CA to keep up to date. (if you want the contact info and my list of preferred stylists there let me know)
3.) Make sure her stylist looks at her hair and consults while it's dry so he/she knows how her hair sits, what the texture is etc. It's shocking how many stylists neglect to do a consult before they get you shampooed and in your chair when they've never cut your hair before.