Leaf distribution

itsbob

I bowl overhand
crabcake said:
One question, though ... what's the difference between the leaves as they are and chopping 'em up? I'm guessing it's just better/faster for them to decompose if they're in smaller pieces. :shrug:
that and it's usually something like 16:1 mulch ratio.. if you had 16 bags of leaves to begin with, you'll have 1 bag in the end.. If you want to accomplish the same thing on the cheap, buy a Blower/Vac either electric or gas, and chop them up REAL fine. Be able to blow them in one big pile, then turn the doohickey around and chew them up, but read the box.. some only chop them up to like a 4:1 ratio.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
rack'm said:
I'm surprised you haven't put in a wider gate.....:shrug:
There's really no need for a wider gate. The back yard isn't big enough to use a riding mower and that's the only reason I could see for doing it. It's mostly landscaped and taken up by the deck, which I'm hoping to add a hot tub to here in the very near future. :biggrin:

And the front yard (somewhat sloped/hilly) is also mostly landscaped. There's just a TON of leaves from the 9 or so trees in the back yard and 5 or 6 up front. They're all big, mature oak, walnut and maple trees. :smile:

rack'm

Jaded
crabcake said:
There's really no need for a wider gate. The back yard isn't big enough to use a riding mower and that's the only reason I could see for doing it. It's mostly landscaped and taken up by the deck, which I'm hoping to add a hot tub to here in the very near future. :biggrin:

And the front yard (somewhat sloped/hilly) is also mostly landscaped. There's just a TON of leaves from the 9 or so trees in the back yard and 5 or 6 up front. They're all big, mature oak, walnut and maple trees. :smile:

Sweet, it's time to sell the rider. :lol:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
rack'm said:
Sweet, it's time to sell the rider. :lol:
Yep! After the hell I went through to back up there and get it (after the move, cuz there wasn't room on the truck). :banghead: :lol:

Oh well ... I'll get around to it. :yay:

Or I might mod that baby into a racing machine! :really: :getdown:

Jameo

What?!
crabcake said:
Yep! After the hell I went through to back up there and get it (after the move, cuz there wasn't room on the truck). :banghead: :lol:

Oh well ... I'll get around to it. :yay:

Or I might mod that baby into a racing machine! :really: :getdown:

Lawn mower races are too cool! :clap: